Mailing List Archive

Jabber Windows - "how do you want to open this file" for every image
We are running Cisco Jabber v 12.9.6 and 14.0.1. While this has been an issue for several prior versions, it has finally become annoying enough for me to see if others have this issue and if they have found a fix.

On some computers:

Every time you open a screenshot attachment from a Jabber chat (ad hoc or a room), you have to select the program you want to open the file with. Even after selecting "Always use this app to open .png files", I am still prompted.

On some computers:

Screenshots open without the prompt to select the application.

The computers are running the same version of Jabber 12.9.6. I have checked the default file types on the computers for png files and they are both set to the same application.

Windows 10 (all versions)

IM&P v11.5 s su 9 with persistent chat.

Thanks.

Sean.