Mailing List Archive

VG224 inbound SIP call to FXS port
I have a VG224 I am setting up to a SIP provider. Pretty simple SIP to
POTS application. Using IOS 15.1(4)M12a which seems to be the latest
supported release.

We have a good SIP registration and we're trying to get inbound calls to
work to the FXS ports. We see the SIP call come in ok and we see it
match the dial-plan for the voice port (in our case voice-port 2/0)
however the FXS port never rings. Manual ring test works fine.

FXS port is good, has dial-tone and ring test is good. SIP comes in
good, dial-peer matches, but phone never rings. Tried another port,
tried another VG224.... Running out of ideas to check. Thinking maybe
DSP allocation? Debugs falling short to show whats failing once the
dial-peer is matched.... OUtbound calling seems to work fine.

If I look at the state of the port when the inbound call comes in, it's
never in a "ringing" state.

Does anyone have a VG224 setup in a SIP standalone that may be doing SIP
to POTS that could share a working config bits or know what to check ? TIA

dial-peer voice 1 pots
destination-pattern 5855555000
authentication username 5855555000 password 7 <removed>
port 2/0

Foreign Exchange Station 2/0 Slot is 2, Port is 0
Type of VoicePort is FXS
Operation State is DORMANT
Administrative State is UP
No Interface Down Failure

Re: VG224 inbound SIP call to FXS port [ In reply to ]
This has been figured out. Apparetnly 15.1 comes with toll fraud
protection enabled by default. In the SIP service settings, your SIP
peers need to be added to a trusted list.