Mailing List Archive

CUBE Monitoring SIP Provider
We are transitioning from traditional PSTN PRI's to SIP using CUBE. With the PRI's I could monitor the logs on the router for when the PRI went down, so it would trigger an alert to splunk which we could alert off of. I am having a hard time finding something similar in CUBE for when the SIP provider is down or not allowing calls to progress.

Any guidance on what others are doing to monitor their SIP provider service via CUBE would be much appreciated.

Thanks.
Re: CUBE Monitoring SIP Provider [ In reply to ]
Define a dial-peer for each destination SBC, and set the timeouts for around a minute…. They trip on the changes. I use EEM to send emails on state changes, and Orion and others seem to take about 10 minutes to notice the state change from active to busy out.

I would not use one dial peer for many SBC’s. One to one both inbound and outbound seems to work the best. Then you also know when the carrier is doing things without telling you.

I have also put EEM scripts on the headend routers looking for BGP changes, and those are pretty darn instant when any of the circuits to the carrier flaps. Course this works as we have dedicated circuits, but not everyone does. There are options tho.