Sr. Network Engineer
p: 443.541.1518
w: www.heliontechnologies.com | e: MLoraditch@heliontechnologies.com
Re: UCCX Hold Music [ In reply to ]
Depends if you want your MoH to come from putting the call on hold (script
step Call Hold) or via Play Prompt
with the Call Hold Step, the internal leg is actually torn down from UCCX
and moved to CUCM's media streaming service. MoH comes from the CTI ports
and you'd need different port groups per app to get different messaging .

The other option is in the script, use the* Play Prompt* step to play the
messaging from UCCX. In this case the call is never put on Hold from a
CUCM point of view and the media stays with UCCX. I think the step you can
look at is a *Cascading Promp*t (someone jump in if I have this wrong) and
in that step you can provide various static wav files and it will stitch
them together for you in a linear or random fashion. One of the main
drawbacks of this method is your "hold time" between announcements is
determined by the length of your .wav file. Make sure you set the play
prompt to be "interruptible" so the first available avent pulls the call.

Re: UCCX Hold Music [ In reply to ]
Didn’t think about that, so I could just play the new MOH as a prompt, As long as it’s interruptible the call will still transfer to the agent while playing if one becomes available?

Matthew Loraditch
Sr. Network Engineer
[...]

p: 443.541.1518<tel:443.541.1518>
w: www.heliontechnologies.com<http://www.heliontechnologies.com/>

e: MLoraditch@heliontechnologies.com<mailto:MLoraditch@heliontechnologies.com>
Re: UCCX Hold Music [ In reply to ]
Yes. nice and simple.

On Mon, Apr 5, 2021 at 2:31 PM Matthew Loraditch <

Re: UCCX Hold Music [ In reply to ]
One word of caution using a play prompt step for the hold music: This allows the caller to press the # key and skip the remaining portion of the prompt.

It’s not a huge deal, but something to be aware of if you previously would have used the delay step to control how long the caller is waiting before offering them an alternative to holding. E.g. leave a voicemail, receive a callback, etc.

You might get some supervisors asking why a caller was only in queue for 2 minutes before transferring to voicemail when they are expected to hold for 5.

DJ

Re: UCCX Hold Music [ In reply to ]
That wouldn’t matter in this scenario but appreciate the info!

Matthew Loraditch
Sr. Network Engineer

Re: UCCX Hold Music [ In reply to ]
Barge in vs interruptible

One disables keypad entries :)

On Wed, Apr 7, 2021 at 11:54 AM Matthew Loraditch <

Re: UCCX Hold Music [ In reply to ]
Well, that feels like something I should have known years ago.

DJ