An issue has come up again and I was hoping maybe someone here had delt with it and possibly had some advice. More and more, the DID numbers we send out as calling party number are being flagged as "Possible SPAM" or other types of "Probable SPAM" messages with the mobile phone carriers. As a result customers wont answer the call. These are legitimate customer calls and not any kind of cold calling or telemarketing. I took this up with Verizon and AT&T reps last year and got a lot of excuses and basically they told me there is no way to "whitelist" list numbers, the systems use some kind of AI processing to decide what calls to flag. So the issue has come up again because customers are requesting callback and when we call them back sometimes its flagged as possible SPAM so they don't answer the call. Has anyone else found a way to deal with this? Hopefully once STIR/SHAKEN is fully implemented, they will stop doing this but until then its causing us quite a bit of headache.

Thanks
Jason
Re: Issue with Legit DIDs Flagged as "Potential SPAM" [ In reply to ]
What if you send TF number, instead of a DID?

Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: Issue with Legit DIDs Flagged as "Potential SPAM" [ In reply to ]
I’m having the same issue with a couple of the TFNs as well.

Jason

On Mar 27, 2021, at 9:44 PM, Kent Roberts <kent@fredf.org> wrote:

?
CAUTION: This email originated outside of Founders Federal Credit Union. Do not click links or open attachments unless you recognize the sender and know the content is safe.
________________________________
What if you send TF number, instead of a DID?

Hello All,

Re: Issue with Legit DIDs Flagged as "Potential SPAM" [ In reply to ]
Do you know if the end points are using SMART call display?

Some mfrs are subscribing. It seems to be oob stuff. Not the carrier.

Samsung:

https://www.samsung.com/global/galaxy/apps/smart-call/

But it’s really provided by:

www.hiya.com

I had to call them to fix a few numbers.

They started out by using data that was at least 5 years old.

Lelio

Sent from my iPhone

On Mar 27, 2021, at 8:55 PM, JASON BURWELL via cisco-voip <cisco-voip@puck.nether.net> wrote:

?

CAUTION: This email originated from outside of the University of Guelph. Do not click links or open attachments unless you recognize the sender and know the content is safe. If in doubt, forward suspicious emails to IThelp@uoguelph.ca

Hello All,

Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: Issue with Legit DIDs Flagged as "Potential SPAM" [ In reply to ]
CNAME dips are done by the called party carrier. Nothing you can do to change that other than change the calling party ANI or work with the calling/called party carrier to correct the database entry.

________________________________

Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: Issue with Legit DIDs Flagged as "Potential SPAM" [ In reply to ]
Thanks Lelio! I’m not sure what devices are being used by the called party but this service looks like exactly what I needed. Any idea what service Verizon uses? Looks like this one covers AT&T users which is a huge help!

Jason

?

https://www.samsung.com/global/galaxy/apps/smart-call/<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.samsung.com_global_galaxy_apps_smart-2Dcall_&d=DwMGaQ&c=CrVsPA4meZ6vEtstSPLQqC5izq21_OrN_h8zxKzEuwc&r=cxTKAF4Iaor9PiEwHMcKcEgAJ-ObtwqWBXjTvqngqNk&m=4ZXa44Vd1oZGHnTJVr6cqxFMcwVhzECMWCHVKU5_mno&s=ymOH09focmDDE5kZ4af8Xk0VZEvaSlQMcbaYNCojtZI&e=>

Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: Issue with Legit DIDs Flagged as "Potential SPAM" [ In reply to ]
In my case the CNAME entries in the DB are correct, it’s for whatever reason the message “Potential Spam” is overriding the CNAME when the call from some numbers is delivered to the called party phone. Lelio posted a link to a service that apparently provides this service to AT&T customers. There must be other companies that provide similar services for Verizon phones.

Jason

?

Get Outlook for iOS<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__aka.ms_o0ukef&d=DwMGaQ&c=CrVsPA4meZ6vEtstSPLQqC5izq21_OrN_h8zxKzEuwc&r=cxTKAF4Iaor9PiEwHMcKcEgAJ-ObtwqWBXjTvqngqNk&m=-c2y2cC5sMm7liRRcTPoDhv1TWvqYSdatAC_rTKwezY&s=Kn4oLSa00SXWvw41ve0afTBX-MZrXlR45zPkhuT1XfY&e=>
________________________________

Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: Issue with Legit DIDs Flagged as "Potential SPAM" [ In reply to ]
I wouldn’t be surprised if they were labeling based on the ‘crowd’ sourced data they get from the spam apps they have out there now. There is a service you can pay to deal with this, but it is exorbitant in cost. We have had those issues and found the price to fix this on carriers external to the ones we use to be too costly to deal with.

Brian

Get Outlook for iOS<http://defang.bcbsfl.com/defang.php?url=https://aka.ms/o0ukef>
________________________________
[...]

We comply with applicable Federal civil rights laws and do not discriminate.

You may access the Non-Discrimination and Accessibility Notice here <http://floridablue.com/ndnotice>.

Language Assistance Available:

Español, Kreyol Ayisien, Ti?ng Vi?t, Português, ??, français, Tagalog, ???????, italiano, Deutsche, ???, Polskie, Gujarati, ???, ???????, ???, ????? <http://floridablue.com/languageservices>

Florida Blue is a trade name of Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Florida, Inc. Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Florida, Inc., and its subsidiary and affiliate companies are not responsible for errors or omissions in this e-mail message. Any personal comments made in this e-mail do not reflect the views of Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Florida, Inc. The information contained in this document may be confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. This document may contain material that is privileged or protected from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient or the individual responsible for delivering to the intended recipient, please (1) be advised that any use, dissemination, forwarding, or copying of this document IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED; and (2) notify sender immediately by telephone and destroy the document. THANK YOU.
Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: Issue with Legit DIDs Flagged as "Potential SPAM" [ In reply to ]
We have been going back and forth with our carriers about this for a while. Both Lumen and ATT provided us with these links to lower the spam rating on specific DIDs. We have had multiple successes with Hiya.

AT&T

https://hiyahelp.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Select \"Change or remove the caller ID information or Spam Rating of a number\"

In the description field you can describe the trouble and specify the phone number(s) that are being flagged as Spam and request that they remove the Spam Rating.

T-MOBILE

Here is a link that we found through the T-Mobile website to remove the Spam Rating.

T-Mobile: https://callreporting.t-mobile.com/

Verizon Wireless:

Here is a link that we found through the Verizon website to remove the Spam Rating.

https://voicespamfeedback.com/vsf/

Follow the prompts to request removal of the Spam rating.

David Balk
IS Team Lead
Voice Services
Northwestern Memorial Health Care

541 N. Fairbanks Court, Suite 2401
Chicago, Illinois 60611
312.926.2642 office

dbalk@NM.org<mailto:dbalk@NM.org>
northwesternmedicine.org<http://www.northwesternmedicine.org/>

[NM-Logo-stacked-2090.png]

CAUTION: External email, please be mindful before clicking links, opening attachments, or replying.

On Mar 27, 2021, at 9:44 PM, Kent Roberts <kent@fredf.org<mailto:kent@fredf.org>> wrote:
[...]

You may access the Non-Discrimination and Accessibility Notice here<http://secure-web.cisco.com/11hVi6JTxzRU_6xlt-DpdpEusUccS03VFrVLQOvfBDPcvSNnuvUATenfp8T4qv5nba9z8bmwRbUfL_wVGP71zTgQ7kpIr55Ysw8iKlycu7HEtxNFYJCuPer6fLKW5LzmxvIgT5kSzdlzwMqfwXNJ5rAqyk1JqnMeRuvhOkWoeTtwBASaww3bhgka8mgflTzcJI9kQ-aefdLhdeFqF_QpeSEt9keRLMyPCsxBun5DlkAKctKO595-b64fUWtgETZxsKmnmIXdC7k4T_pFRgN3ecuJFtCECW8iZNC-WSyjQJJr4E3BsjzZbrQ37PSYX8Xo0W0HC9g65NmljtdoZzjswGWXVmddTKiMVU1XDYeVNqEGABr0FlAVbRhz-T_SeNUEpngaEV2spsj_SogPAhBGBKvKYG_Fi_rZ9-0jUKgHePtw/http%3A%2F%2Ffloridablue.com%2Fndnotice>.

Language Assistance Available:

Español, Kreyol Ayisien, Ti?ng Vi?t, Português, ??, français, Tagalog, ???????, italiano, Deutsche, ???, Polskie, Gujarati, ???, ???????, ???, ?????<http://secure-web.cisco.com/1Iq7P3Maj9lJMLCeIXHOcp1wubvY1B-Mm4I72_vDVjqPcV6Ydm-qgI89noclsdD4QJ7mTWKyod_FwxLQRJ1Mp0LwhBG6Z3NZBC8PIPRCp8iO9_smuRDz2H9MYF2JrHr9RFdtv19qepVELiltRHsZCk7MAbP6xBIKWa14BtOZxmRX4hm0sT2sSaqrYW2o2swv3R3je-SX5rw3E6GMeno77ZXoKQ9uFjrDzbilhoQqpqsdFk33P61Oat-xwJOztevhaBvbhlyyte-De47542MPI_nal6DD936jASjPXn-3AaRc87XMBEXG5L1soqQWbQCSXr5IOYFKuITd6XEJccTVe8gbDNGnXRqI6_G--XNaPjTIa_I6-su4lc2nd1m3wb66VCi1lAELOynsjMeKLCGn_1kmO74hAtMOGusNGJgmFlzI/http%3A%2F%2Ffloridablue.com%2Flanguageservices>

[...]

Northwestern Medicine is anchored by Northwestern Memorial Hospital, ranked top 10 in the nation by U.S. News & World Report, 2020 - 2021.

This message and any included attachments are intended only for the addressee. The information contained in this message is confidential and may constitute proprietary or non-public information under international, federal, or state laws. Unauthorized forwarding, printing, copying, distribution, or use of such information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you are not the addressee, please promptly delete this message and notify the sender of the delivery error by e-mail.
Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: Issue with Legit DIDs Flagged as "Potential SPAM" [ In reply to ]
That is really great information to provide. Thank you.

Brian

https://hiyahelp.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new<http://defang.bcbsfl.com/defang.php?url=https://hiyahelp.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new>

https://voicespamfeedback.com/vsf/<http://defang.bcbsfl.com/defang.php?url=https://voicespamfeedback.com/vsf/>

northwesternmedicine.org<http://defang.bcbsfl.com/defang.php?url=http://www.northwesternmedicine.org/>

Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: Issue with Legit DIDs Flagged as "Potential SPAM" [ In reply to ]
Thanks David, this is very helpful!

Jason

https://hiyahelp.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__hiyahelp.zendesk.com_hc_en-2Dus_requests_new&d=DwMGaQ&c=CrVsPA4meZ6vEtstSPLQqC5izq21_OrN_h8zxKzEuwc&r=cxTKAF4Iaor9PiEwHMcKcEgAJ-ObtwqWBXjTvqngqNk&m=8eDTtw0fiIzSWackWNNoSP2_2xxVh2eXtEx7Jx3ktZQ&s=5TN3WVIeAqAEzHclUH5TG116Bi9oUFwXp6Kxw7VWeyA&e=>

https://voicespamfeedback.com/vsf/<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__voicespamfeedback.com_vsf_&d=DwMGaQ&c=CrVsPA4meZ6vEtstSPLQqC5izq21_OrN_h8zxKzEuwc&r=cxTKAF4Iaor9PiEwHMcKcEgAJ-ObtwqWBXjTvqngqNk&m=8eDTtw0fiIzSWackWNNoSP2_2xxVh2eXtEx7Jx3ktZQ&s=qFHtOJsrNdJVW4P2pc4WZTy0XM2gezCKuO2wTkucPmc&e=>

northwesternmedicine.org<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.northwesternmedicine.org_&d=DwMGaQ&c=CrVsPA4meZ6vEtstSPLQqC5izq21_OrN_h8zxKzEuwc&r=cxTKAF4Iaor9PiEwHMcKcEgAJ-ObtwqWBXjTvqngqNk&m=8eDTtw0fiIzSWackWNNoSP2_2xxVh2eXtEx7Jx3ktZQ&s=wCMqfsVeO9oTmiHhh4YYmj_Vnp-oAP-euNCxV2S9Y6U&e=>

Get Outlook for iOS<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__defang.bcbsfl.com_defang.php-3Furl-3Dhttps-3A__aka.ms_o0ukef&d=DwMGaQ&c=CrVsPA4meZ6vEtstSPLQqC5izq21_OrN_h8zxKzEuwc&r=cxTKAF4Iaor9PiEwHMcKcEgAJ-ObtwqWBXjTvqngqNk&m=8eDTtw0fiIzSWackWNNoSP2_2xxVh2eXtEx7Jx3ktZQ&s=SJGI5hkruPDJ9N9sbbBsn03wr0j9t2_z9gEnZ2dOWTg&e=>