The contents of this email are confidential to the intended recipient and may not be disclosed. Although it is believed that this email and any attachments are virus free, it is the responsibility of the recipient to confirm this.

You are advised that urgent, time-sensitive communications should not be sent by email. We hereby give you notice that a delivery receipt does not constitute acknowledgement or receipt by the intended recipient(s).

Details of Charles Stanley group companies and their regulators (where applicable), can be found at this URL http://www.charles-stanley.co.uk/contact-us/disclosure/
Re: Pairing Webex Desktop (Windows app) with Desk Phone [ In reply to ]
Kind regards

James

Sent with BlackBerry Work
(www.blackberry.com<http://www.blackberry.com>)

From: James Dust <james.dust@charles-stanley.co.uk<mailto:james.dust@charles-stanley.co.uk>>
Date: Saturday, 27 Mar 2021, 6:21 pm
To: Cisco VoIP List <cisco-voip@puck.nether.net<mailto:cisco-voip@puck.nether.net>>
Subject: Pairing Webex Desktop (Windows app) with Desk Phone

Hi all,

I am having issues pairing my desk phones (Cisco 8851?s) with the Webex (formally teams) desktop app. Within the app itself no devices are discoverable.

Are there any prerequisites I need to set on my CUCM environment? (version is 11.5)

Any pointers much appreciated.

Kind regards

James

Consider the environment - Think before you print

Re: Pairing Webex Desktop (Windows app) with Desk Phone [ In reply to ]
James,

Do you have the device as a Controlled Device under your end user with
appropriate CTI permissions?

Does your User Profile have appropriate CTI Servers configured in CUCM as
FQDN?

Are you testing internally or over MRA? CTI Control doesn't work over MRA.

Thanks,
Brian Meade

Re: Pairing Webex Desktop (Windows app) with Desk Phone [ In reply to ]
Hi Brian and thanks for the assistance,

I had the following all set correctly, but I needed to reload the phone, then sign out of the extension mobility profile and back in again to get it working:

CTI Controlled Device Profiles - this has the UDP of the user
- Extension Mobility -> Controlled Profiles -> this has the UDP of the user
- Primary extension is set correctly
- Ensure that Allow Control of Device from CTI is ticked
- Ensure that the user has the following permissions
- Standard CTI Enabled
- Standard CTI Allow Control of Phones supporting Connected Xfer and conf
- Standard CTI Allow Control of Phones supporting Rollover Mode
- Standard CCM users