Guys--

IF I were in the market for a Serial console device, What have you had the
best luck with?

the more ports the better. No JAVA. Must be html5 based. the Cheaper the
better without sacrificing quality and features.

Let me know what is Great as well as what is Cr@P.

TIA

Scott
Re: OT: Best Serial Console Device [ In reply to ]
I'm a big fan of https://www.get-console.com/shop/en/27-airconsole

I keep one in my backpack and it's the best console I've worked with. I've
never worked with the expanders, but I understand it can do up to 16 ports,
may not be good for every use case, but for me, I don't work without it :)

Re: OT: Best Serial Console Device [ In reply to ]
I'm loving the Raritan Dominion SX II units. HTML5, dual PSUs, no
custom cables per vendor (software selectable pinouts), etc.

https://www.raritan.com/products/kvm-serial/serial-console-servers/serial-over-ip-console-server

--Tim

Tim Nelson
Network Engineer / Cloud Services
Phone: (218)727-4332 x4501 / Fax: (866)716-0229
5019 Airport Road, Hermantown, MN 55811
Check us out at www.sangoma.com

Re: OT: Best Serial Console Device [ In reply to ]
I’ve used open gear.

I made a mistake though.

It uses one of the serial ports as its own console, so if anything goes awry, you have to reset to factory.

Getting more than two port model and reserving a port helps with this.

Sent from my iPhone

On Mar 15, 2021, at 11:33 AM, Scott Voll <svoll.voip@gmail.com> wrote:

?

CAUTION: This email originated from outside of the University of Guelph. Do not click links or open attachments unless you recognize the sender and know the content is safe. If in doubt, forward suspicious emails to IThelp@uoguelph.ca

Re: OT: Best Serial Console Device [ In reply to ]
We use the big OpenGear switches for serial in our data centers and on campus. I like them. The UI is a bit clunky, but not bad. You can daisy-chain them together so they all appear as one unit. Each serial port has a corresponding TCP port so you can effectively ssh directly to a particular serial port.

________________________________
[...]

Confidentiality Statement:
This email/fax, including attachments, may include confidential
and/or proprietary information and may be used only by the
person or entity to which it is addressed. If the reader of
this email/fax is not the intended recipient or his or her
agent, the reader is hereby notified that any dissemination,
distribution or copying of this email/fax is prohibited. If you
have received this email/fax in error, please notify the sender
by replying to this message and deleting this email or
destroying this facsimile immediately.