Feb 19 18:29:49 sukucmbkup systemd[1]: Started Session 226 of user support.

Feb 19 18:29:49 sukucmbkup systemd[1]: Started Session 227 of user support.

Feb 19 18:29:50 sukucmbkup systemd[1]: Started Session 228 of user support.

Feb 19 18:29:51 sukucmbkup systemd[1]: Started Session 229 of user support.

Feb 19 18:29:52 sukucmbkup systemd[1]: Started Session 230 of user support.
Feb 19 18:29:53 sukucmbkup systemd[1]: Started Session 231 of user support.

any pointers grateful

Rgds Andy
Re: CUCM 12.5 issue with restore [ In reply to ]
What is the exact error? What do DRS logs show?

I see one report that after re-install dbreplication is not established leading to "Unable to send network request to master agent. This may be due to Master or Local Agent being down”

Resolved by resetting dbrepliaction for all nodes.

Thanks,
Wes

So I thought that if a CUCM could backup to and sftp server without issue, that it would be able to restore.
But that turns out to be wrong.

The cluster can backup to sftp without issue, but when I try to restore said backup, the restore seems to make a large amount of ssh connections and times out saying the DRS maybe down of the sftp server is tacking too long to respond.

this is the sftp server syslog output.

Re: CUCM 12.5 issue with restore [ In reply to ]
Wes,
I select Restore Wizard then select the backup device
click next
The Ccx then spins the hour glass for 5 mins then says
“Restore request timing out. Either master agent is down or Sftp server is
inaccessible or too slow to respond”

It’s the same location all the other UC apps backup to. Could it be that
there are too many files in the directory?
Even though they would have different names etc?

It seems to do a couple of hundred new sessions for some reason looking at
the backup server syslog.
It’s keeping 14 versions of cucm cluster backups is that too many, although
I’ve not seen anything to say so.

I’m going to change the file path tomorrow and see what happens with that.

Andy

On Fri, 19 Feb 2021 at 19:16, Wes Sisk (wsisk) <wsisk@cisco.com> wrote:

> What is the exact error? What do DRS logs show?
>
> I see one report that after re-install dbreplication is not established
> leading to "Unable to send network request to master agent. This may be due
> to Master or Local Agent being down”
>
> Resolved by resetting dbrepliaction for all nodes.
>
> Thanks,
> Wes
>
> On Feb 19, 2021, at 1:51 PM, Andy Carse <andy.carse@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> So I thought that if a CUCM could backup to and sftp server without issue,
> that it would be able to restore.
> But that turns out to be wrong.
>
> The cluster can backup to sftp without issue, but when I try to restore
> said backup, the restore seems to make a large amount of ssh connections
> and times out saying the DRS maybe down of the sftp server is tacking too
> long to respond.
>
> this is the sftp server syslog output.
> Feb 19 18:29:49 sukucmbkup systemd[1]: Started Session 226 of user support.
> Feb 19 18:29:49 sukucmbkup systemd[1]: Started Session 227 of user support.
> Feb 19 18:29:50 sukucmbkup systemd[1]: Started Session 228 of user support.
> Feb 19 18:29:51 sukucmbkup systemd[1]: Started Session 229 of user support.
> Feb 19 18:29:52 sukucmbkup systemd[1]: Started Session 230 of user support.
> Feb 19 18:29:53 sukucmbkup systemd[1]: Started Session 231 of user support.
>
> any pointers grateful
>
> Rgds Andy

Rgds Andy
Re: CUCM 12.5 issue with restore [ In reply to ]
Andy, sounds like a good start:
https://community.cisco.com/t5/ip-telephony-and-phones/disaster-recovery-problem/td-p/2767755

I see 2 other situations that might be relevant:
1. All the same .cop files not installed
2. Attempting to restore a backup of a different version

Re: CUCM 12.5 issue with restore [ In reply to ]
So,
I configured a new location for the backups to be stored (a subdirectory on
the original)
did a few backups to it from the cluster no problems as usual.
ran the restore wizard it found the recent backups no issues, I even ran a
backup just to make sure as its my lab environment.
then I copied the contents of the original backup directory into the new
location.
Ran the restore wizard expecting it to time out, but no it found the
relevant files.
So I'm a bit stumped.

Now as this is my Lab its not exactly the same as the work environment
(network infrastructure etc) So I will raise a change control Monday so
I'll see if I can replicate the issue in Production.
Just to be clear the original issue is with running the Restore Wizard and
not being able to see the backup just taken.
So it's not a cop file mismatch, different versions of the cluster, it's
not file permissions.
So I suggest that don't take it for granted that if you can backup your
cluster that you will be able to restore should you need to, you need to
test it periodically.
Any how I'll update with the outcome.

Rgds Andy

Re: CUCM 12.5 issue with restore [ In reply to ]
So I’m now confused, by changing the backup directory to a new directory on
our work system I can now backup and restore.
It still doesn’t like to restore from the original location but will backup
to it.
The permissions are the same for both. The def logs don’t show any issues.
So I’ll add it to our list of things to check in the future.
Case closed

Rgds Andy
Re: CUCM 12.5 issue with restore [ In reply to ]
I have found, and I didn’t think of this earlier, that sometimes a clean directory works much better. It has to do with the XML files that remain explaining what is supposed to be in there.

I didn’t notice this as much with the core apps as I did with the express apps, like CUE. IT drove me nuts for weeks.

So, yes, I too have “try a new, empty directory” on my list of things to try (in my head which I forget all the time).

Re: CUCM 12.5 issue with restore [ In reply to ]
????????