Mailing List Archive

Re: [External] Is it possible to bulk export phones from CLI or API?
What kind of data do you need to report?

I usually do stuff like this using a python tool I wrote, called axlrows.
Here is an example:

>>> gen = get_phones(name="SEP700B4F9C44B8")
>>> phones = get_phones(name="SEP700B4F9C44B8")
>>> for phone in phones:
print(phone.name, ":", phone.description)
SEP700B4F9C44B8 : Hunter Fuller (Cisco 8851 SIP) - Home

It looks like to match "every" phone, you could write
get_phones(protocol="SIP")

You can get the tool here, though it is admittedly poorly documented, so if
you need assistance, let me know off-list.

https://github.com/uah/axlrows

--
Hunter Fuller (they)
Router Jockey

Office of Information Technology
The University of Alabama in Huntsville
Network Engineering

Re: [External] Is it possible to bulk export phones from CLI or API? [ In reply to ]
I am mainly interested in 4 fields on the bulk phone reports

Device Name,Description,Directory Number 1,Line CSS 1

And for UDP reports
Device Profile Name,Description,Directory Number 1,Line CSS 1

print(phone.name<http://phone.name>, ":", phone.description)

https://github.com/uah/axlrows<https://github.com/uah/axlrows>

--

1. https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCvv67192<https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCvv67192>

2. https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCvw44625<https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCvw44625>

Symptom:
When customer submits bat job for (Bulk Administration --> Phones --> Generate Phone Reports) failed event can be observed from Job Scheduler page.

Issue started after upgrading to CUCM 12.5 SU3

Conditions:
Generate Phone Report under Bulk Administration

Workaround:
While Generating the Phone Report,
Bulk Administration --> Phones --> Generate Phone Reports after selecting mandatory fields,
under IP Phone services fields two checkboxes are there for speed dial services and IP Phone services, if the user can checked those boxes and run the job Report will generate successfully

The known fixed version is CCM.12.5(1.14900.42) but is going to be released in late February.

[ddlogo]
Louis Koekemoer (MEA)
Engineer - IPT - L4
m. +27 71 6808790
t. +27 11 5754317
email. louis.koekemoer@dimensiondata.com<mailto:louis.koekemoer@dimensiondata.com>
dimensiondata.com<https://www.dimensiondata.com/>
[ddtwitter]<https://twitter.com/DiDataMEA>
[ddlinkedin]<https://www.linkedin.com/company/dimension-data-middle-east-and-africa>
[ddfacebook]<https://www.facebook.com/DiDataMEA>
[ddinstagram]<https://www.instagram.com/_dimensiondata_>
[Logo]<https://www.dimensiondata.com/>
.
.

https://www.dimensiondata.com/email-disclaimer

itevomcid

[...]

<image001.png>
Louis Koekemoer (MEA)
Engineer - IPT - L4
m. +27 71 6808790
t. +27 11 5754317
email. louis.koekemoer@dimensiondata.com<mailto:louis.koekemoer@dimensiondata.com>
dimensiondata.com<https://www.dimensiondata.com/>
<image002.jpg><https://twitter.com/DiDataMEA>
<image003.jpg><https://www.linkedin.com/company/dimension-data-middle-east-and-africa>
<image004.jpg><https://www.facebook.com/DiDataMEA>
<image005.png><https://www.instagram.com/_dimensiondata_>
<image006.png><https://www.dimensiondata.com/>
.
.

https://www.dimensiondata.com/email-disclaimer

Re: [External] Is it possible to bulk export phones from CLI or API? [ In reply to ]
Hi Louis,

You should be able to get what you are after using PhoneView:

https://www.unifiedfx.com/unifiedfx-free-software/phoneview-asset-and-inventory

The Asset & Inventory Edition should be enough (free for systems with 10,000 phones or less).

Here is a sample of the data you can export:

https://assets.unifiedfx.com/images/2014/06/PhoneView-Scan-Edition-Sample.xlsx

Kind Regards
Stephen Welsh
Founder & CTO