Mailing List Archive

Non-jabber based Cisco softphones for iPhone and Android
We are looking for a solution for softphones that are compatible with expressway for both iPhones and android. Jabber is not an option due to Finra & SEC compliance (no instant messaging). Specifically we are looking for a voice app only with no collaboration/presence features. Any suggestions?
Re: [External] Non-jabber based Cisco softphones for iPhone and Android [ In reply to ]
Pretty sure you can run Jabber in phone-only mode these days. Not sure on the limitations of it though.

Re: [External] Non-jabber based Cisco softphones for iPhone and Android [ In reply to ]
Last I tried it still required an IM presence server would entail a large infrastructure cost because even if we disable IM, FINRA would require us to still have archiving done in case it got turned back on.