Mailing List Archive

Different MOH for multi site
Does anyone have a recommendation on how to have different MOH depending on what number / site is called?
Cucm 12.5
2 node cluster
Multi site

Thank you

Sent from my iPhone
Re: Different MOH for multi site [ In reply to ]
Multicast is easy since it’s 2 different sites

Otherwise use unicast. Setup your music in cucm, one fir each site and assign it-in the device pool or on each device

Kent

Re: Different MOH for multi site [ In reply to ]
That’s where I’m confused, I don’t see where you can set a specific audio source per site, or device pool, in the device pool settings, you can just set a mrgl.

There will be many sites, more than 2, and the idea is if I call a phone at site A, I would get the Site A MOH audio source file, if I call site B I would get the site B audio source file, and so on.

Sent from my iPhone

Re: Different MOH for multi site [ In reply to ]
A little more cumbersome, but common device configuration (CDC) should offer you this flexibility.

Sent from my iPhone

Re: Different MOH for multi site [ In reply to ]
Sorry, I said DevicePool. Its not. If you are running SRST at the remote sites, multicast would do this very well with almost no work.

Otherwise device level, or other options that have been listed.

Re: Different MOH for multi site [ In reply to ]
Thanks all.
Yeah, I’m thinking CDC is the way to go.
Other then that customer is taking CCX or even, (gulp) CVP.

Sent from my iPhone

Re: Different MOH for multi site [ In reply to ]
ccx is a little tricky, and depending how you set things up, you may wind up dedicating ports to it.

CVP is pretty easy…. If you use UCCE to drive it, your hold music is defined in the scripts. If you use standalone and do a vxml app, pretty much the same there to.

If you go CVP and do edge queue, you want larger routers….sorta…. The 2900/3900s are eol but still widely used, and they did the edge queue natively, but you could really get some funny sounding calls if you maxed out the router…. (It was quite interesting) The 4xxx routers need a card/extra stuff to run the vxml app, and I don’t all know what will fit what router, since moving to sip from the carrier, most of our stuff is centralized, and for millions of calls a month, had to get creative, for the two UCCE environments. But using a database, it supports 1300 end sites. I turned UCCE into a big call routing engine with no agents. TAC still can’t wrap their mind around it when I tell them there’s no agents, its all labels…. Sure makes it easy to interact with the sites tho..