Mailing List Archive

Re: [External] Re: [EXTERNAL] Jabber client issue
Ahmed - does it happen if the Jabber is being woken up from
unregistered, or does it happen when Jabber is on-screen when the call
comes in, or does it happen in both situations?

Johnny - I'm not sure how or why the carrier would matter - isn't it all IP?

Expressway sends a push via Cisco/APNs to the iPhone to wake it.
Jabber wakes up and registers with callmanager, then begins ringing.
So now if CM stops signaling ringing, that is done over IP now -
right? Am I missing something?

--
Hunter Fuller (they)
Router Jockey

Office of Information Technology
The University of Alabama in Huntsville
Network Engineering

Re: [External] Re: [EXTERNAL] Jabber client issue [ In reply to ]
Hi Hunter,

I will investigate in either on active or coming from woke up situation, but meanwhile what are possibilities in either case?

Your explanation for how push notification is working is absolutely right, and I can't find any relation for the cell carrier with the subject.

Best Regards

Ahmed Abd EL-Rahman
Senior Network Engineer