In that setup we bound the dial peers to the relevant interfaces and enabled allow-connections sip to sip and address-hiding in my voice service voip config.

From what I further understand media flow-through is the default behavior so as long as I do the binding, I will get what I want to happen happening.

Am I generally correct in all of my current thoughts? Anything I'm not thinking of?

Matthew Loraditch
Sr. Network Engineer
p: 443.541.1518
w: www.heliontechnologies.com | e: MLoraditch@heliontechnologies.com
Re: SIP Binding: Different Binds for Carrier vs Internal [ In reply to ]
Yes,

You also will want to turn on Mode border-element under Voice service Voip

Address hiding is technically not needed as CUBE does this by default.

Thanks

Tommy

Tommy Schlotterer | Engineer

Presidio
| presidio.com<http://www.presidio.com/>

20 N Saint Clair 3rd Floor, Toledo, OH 43604
D: 419.214.1415<tel:419.214.1415> | C: 419.706.0259<tel:419.706.0259> | tschlotterer@presidio.com<mailto:tschlotterer@presidio.com>

[https://www2.presidio.com/signatures/Presidio_Blue_FutureBuilt_200px.png]<http://www.presidio.com/>

I need to bind call legs to my carrier to one IP and all legs to CUCM on another IP on the same router and neither side ever see the other’s IP nor need to route to it

I’ve done something, at least similar, many years in the past but no longer have access to the environment to verify the behavior and am trying to refresh myself on the setting.

In that setup we bound the dial peers to the relevant interfaces and enabled allow-connections sip to sip and address-hiding in my voice service voip config.

From what I further understand media flow-through is the default behavior so as long as I do the binding, I will get what I want to happen happening.

Am I generally correct in all of my current thoughts? Anything I’m not thinking of?

Matthew Loraditch?

Sr. Network Engineer

p: 443.541.1518<tel:443.541.1518>

w: www.heliontechnologies.com<http://www.heliontechnologies.com/>

e: MLoraditch@heliontechnologies.com<mailto:MLoraditch@heliontechnologies.com>

[Helion Technologies]<http://www.heliontechnologies.com/>

[Facebook]<https://facebook.com/heliontech>

[Twitter]<https://twitter.com/heliontech>

[LinkedIn]<https://www.linkedin.com/company/helion-technologies>

This message w/attachments (message) is intended solely for the use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain information that is privileged, confidential or proprietary. If you are not an intended recipient, please notify the sender, and then please delete and destroy all copies and attachments. Please be advised that any review or dissemination of, or the taking of any action in reliance on, the information contained in or attached to this message is prohibited.
Re: SIP Binding: Different Binds for Carrier vs Internal [ In reply to ]
First up, you don't need to bind your interfaces. You should bind your
interfaces in two scenarios though:

1. You're trying to source your IP from a loopback address
2. You only have one interface

Otherwise, let the router do it's routing and it will pick the correct
interface to "bind" SIP too, by the nature of which interface the packet
leaves the router from.

Now, you can bind, if you want to, but it doesn't do anything extra, to the
best of my knowledge.

When you say, "[n]ever see the other’s IP," you should know that this
happens by default. That's what a B2BUA does. It terminates a dialog with
one peer, and then turns around and originates a new dialog with a
different peer.

And yes, flow through is default, but that does not affect signaling, which
it kind of sounds like is the topic at hand. Otherwise, flow around means
your carrier knows how to hit your inside IP Phone addresses directly, and
that's not likely the case.

So literally, you do not have to do anything extra or special to get what
you want. You simply configure the router as a device with two interfaces
on two different networks, and teach it how to route (e.g., static routing
or something, I don't know I'm not a CCIE Routing and Switching).

Re: SIP Binding: Different Binds for Carrier vs Internal [ In reply to ]
What is VRF?

On Fri, Sep 11, 2020, 3:25 PM Matthew Loraditch <

Re: SIP Binding: Different Binds for Carrier vs Internal [ In reply to ]
The way you have #2 written is bothering me, if you only have one interface period you should never need to bind, but if you only have one egress interface and need certain traffic to be on IP A and some on IP B (via loopbacks) then you would need to bind and that is my scenario.

I have a complicated (to me!) routing situation and I need my PSTN traffic to the ITSP to be on an IP that only they know about and my internal traffic to be the same. This was the best way I could think of to make that happen.

Matthew Loraditch
Sr. Network Engineer

Re: SIP Binding: Different Binds for Carrier vs Internal [ In reply to ]
Yeah I thought about that, but not my area of strength nor something I anticipate needing us to know down the road. The binding stuff seems to be sufficient for my needs.

Matthew Loraditch
Sr. Network Engineer

Re: SIP Binding: Different Binds for Carrier vs Internal [ In reply to ]
Doh! You're absolutely right. It was a mistake in thought process on my
part. You would not need to bind if a single interface. You would only
need to bind when there is more than one possible egress interface to
source your traffic from.

In your case, with loopbacks, you'll need to bind.

Something tricky the CUBE does, in my opinion, is how it responds to
OPTIONS messages. You will need to either match your incoming leg on Via
header, or create a specific dial-peer matching on Via header just to set
the bind, to the OPTIONS reply uses the correct interface.

On Fri, Sep 11, 2020 at 6:34 PM Matthew Loraditch <