Mailing List Archive

SFTP on CUCM 11.5.su8
Was wondering if anyone else was experiencing issues with SFTP on 11.5su8. I have 5 clusters that was recently upgraded to 12.5su8 and when I want to collect any files from them via SFTP it fails. I have done this numerous times in my life and also tested with a 12.5su3 instance I have and it works, but none of the 11.5su8 servers allows me. I used various different servers/PC with FreeFTPD, Solarwinds and Mini SFTP.

Example would be to collect MOH files.
12.5su3
admin:file get activelog mohprep/*
Please wait while the system is gathering files info ...
Get file: active/mohprep/CiscoMOHSourceReport.xml

Get file: active/mohprep/SampleAudioSource.alaw.wav

Get file: active/mohprep/SampleAudioSource.g729.wav

Get file: active/mohprep/SampleAudioSource.ulaw.wav

Get file: active/mohprep/SampleAudioSource.wb.wav

Get file: active/mohprep/SampleAudioSource.xml

Get file: active/mohprep/SilenceAudioSource.alaw.wav

Get file: active/mohprep/SilenceAudioSource.g729.wav

Get file: active/mohprep/SilenceAudioSource.ulaw.wav

Get file: active/mohprep/SilenceAudioSource.wb.wav

Get file: active/mohprep/SilenceAudioSource.xml

Get file: active/mohprep/ToneOnHold.alaw.wav

Get file: active/mohprep/ToneOnHold.g729.wav

Get file: active/mohprep/ToneOnHold.ulaw.wav

Get file: active/mohprep/ToneOnHold.wb.wav

Get file: active/mohprep/ToneOnHold.xml
done.
Sub-directories were not traversed.
Number of files affected: 16
Total size in Bytes: 18537609
Total size in Kbytes: 18103.133
Would you like to proceed [y/n]? y
SFTP server IP: 23.240.48.250
SFTP server port [22]: 21
User ID: ccmadmin
Password: ********
Download directory: /

Transfer completed.
admin:

11.5su8
[...]

SFTP server port [22]: 22
User ID: ccmadmin
Password: ********
Download directory: /

Could not connect to host 23.240.48.250 on port 22. Please verify SFTP settings.
admin:

"http://www.dimensiondata.com/emaildisclaimer"
Re: SFTP on CUCM 11.5.su8 [ In reply to ]
While we haven’t run 11.5SU8 ourselves, we did have similar issues with SFTP and DRF that were related to cipher issues. I caused it myself at one point by running a machine in FIPS mode which … was broken but not certified so its not supported (?). It was kind of hard to see to find it in the right logs or get TAC in to try and run a sftp session from shell and see the complaints.

Not sure if that helps or not.

Adam

"http://www.dimensiondata.com/emaildisclaimer"<http://www.dimensiondata.com/Global/Policies/Pages/Email-Disclaimer.aspx>
Re: SFTP on CUCM 11.5.su8 [ In reply to ]
Is there a reason you connected to different destination ports? The good attempt used port 21 and the bad attempt used port 22.

Sent from an iPhone mobile device with very tiny touchscreen input keys. Please excude my typtos.

> [...]
>
> Get file: active/mohprep/SilenceAudioSource.xml
>
> Get file: active/mohprep/ToneOnHold.alaw.wav
>
> Get file: active/mohprep/ToneOnHold.g729.wav
>
> Get file: active/mohprep/ToneOnHold.ulaw.wav
>
> Get file: active/mohprep/ToneOnHold.wb.wav
>
> Get file: active/mohprep/ToneOnHold.xml
> done.
> Sub-directories were not traversed.
> Number of files affected: 16
> Total size in Bytes: 18537609
> Total size in Kbytes: 18103.133
> Would you like to proceed [y/n]? y
> SFTP server IP: 23.240.48.250
> SFTP server port [22]: 22
> User ID: ccmadmin
> Password: ********
> Download directory: /
>
> Could not connect to host 23.240.48.250 on port 22. Please verify SFTP settings.
> admin:
>

> This email and all contents are subject to the following disclaimer:
Bi;;y that was just me trying to force it to use FTP. Missed the edit on that one.

On Sep 4, 2020, at 5:49 AM, Louis Koekemoer (MEA) <Louis.Koekemoer@dimensiondata.com<mailto:Louis.Koekemoer@dimensiondata.com>> wrote:
?
[...]

SFTP server IP: 23.240.48.250<http://23.240.48.250>
SFTP server port [22]: 21
User ID: ccmadmin
Password: ********
Download directory: /

Transfer completed.
admin:

11.5su8

Could not connect to host 23.240.48.250<http://23.240.48.250> on port 22. Please verify SFTP settings.
admin:

"http://www.dimensiondata.com/emaildisclaimer"<http://www.dimensiondata.com/Global/Policies/Pages/Email-Disclaimer.aspx> _______________________________________________
cisco-voip mailing list

itevomcid

Re: SFTP on CUCM 11.5.su8 [ In reply to ]
Lelio,

I also saw that note, but confuse me is that ot works well in 12.5SU3

Regards

Louis

Re: SFTP on CUCM 11.5.su8 [ In reply to ]
Have you tried changing the os to permissive? I think it’s utils os secure permissive.

Sent from my iPhone

Re: SFTP on CUCM 11.5.su8 [ In reply to ]
I am seeing more DRF failures (DRS backups) with 12.5.1SU3 then in the
past. My Unity Connection 12.5.1SU3 is getting 50% success. I would suspect
a bug.

Re: SFTP on CUCM 11.5.su8 [ In reply to ]
I have seen issues after upgrades, matching your symptoms, that are resolved by moving the existing backup files to a different folder, so the destination directory is empty, then running a new clean backup from the source.

Re: SFTP on CUCM 11.5.su8 [ In reply to ]
Oh yes. I remember spending ages on this with Unity Express.

Once you empty out the folder, it works like a charm.

Something about not being able to read the inventory xml file or something.

Re: SFTP on CUCM 11.5.su8 [ In reply to ]
Have you checked the ciphers being used and logs on ccm for DRF master and local and sftp server?

Re: SFTP on CUCM 11.5.su8 [ In reply to ]
Seen similar before where older files were not cleaned up as well. This
isn't same. Ciphers doesn't explain DRS failing couple times a week etc.
Workaround is I now have backups to two different PCDs plus Global Scape.
Rather have too many backups then not enough :)