From: cisco-voip <cisco-voip-bounces@puck.nether.net> On Behalf Of fred@browardcommunications.com
Sent: Wednesday, August 19, 2020 8:19 AM
To: cisco-voip@puck.nether.net
Subject: [External] [cisco-voip] IPCC best practice

Hello, I just have a quick question.
When setting up a call center for a SMB, Is it best practice to have the main number go to a unity call handler 1st, with caller input going to uccx triggers, or is it considered best practice to have the main number go right to CCX? I have seen both ways.

Thank you.
Re: [External] IPCC best practice [ In reply to ]
Agreed with TIm, it's just simpler to involve less systems if you can.
With 12.0 UCCX and higher, the calendar function is a nice addition, no
more XML files for schedules.

Re: [External] IPCC best practice [ In reply to ]
We still use Call Handlers. We have fewer resources who can handle script editing and somewhat frequent requests to change hours and such that we need the regular techs to be able to handle.

Definitely a preference thing.

Matthew Loraditch
Sr. Network Engineer

On Wed, Aug 19, 2020 at 7:37 AM Johnson, Tim <johns10t@cmich.edu<mailto:johns10t@cmich.edu>> wrote:
It seems to me that there's not a "best practice" label for most scenarios. When I started with UCCX, we went to a call handler first to provide us with an easy way to provide a schedule, and a familiar way for the customer to record a greeting. Later, we ended up building the schedule into our script and directing calls to the trigger. That's my preference, just to involve less systems.

Tim Johnson
Voice & Video Engineer
Central Michigan University
Call me: +19897744406