Mailing List Archive

how to disable backup warning message on cucm
hi,

One of our Customer running version cucm 12.5.1.12900-115 (upgraded from 10). they had backup enabled, they decided to do veem backup (even though not recommended by Cisco). they deleted backup device and schedule configuration and also disabled DRF Master and DRF local and restarted tomcat but still we see message of 32 days without backup. is there a way to disable this warning?

[cid:0a71700a-eeb9-4f98-8937-1f701c6de90d]
Re: how to disable backup warning message on cucm [ In reply to ]
No way to disable the alert message that I’m aware of. I think DRS is an unavoidable assumption (and by extension m, the alert) in the modern versions.

As you know, this isn’t a great strategy. It’s a little more than, “not recommended”, it’s actually not supported by Cisco to backup this way. Veeam has been known to cause CPU spikes, kernel panics.. etc in CUCM (while powered on)... not a good strategy at all. DRS is the path to reinforce ;)

From my understanding, it’s a pretty simplistic check... just looking for a backup device, and the the XML file for the backup set in the backup device’s location.

They might be able to run one manual DRS, and then just keep modifying the dates in the XML for the backup set. Seems like something that could be scripted fairly easily too.

To me though, that’s a lot of work to intentionally do it the wrong way. It’s been my experience that when customers invite the Devil to dinner, he usually shows up.

- Ryan

One of our Customer running version cucm 12.5.1.12900-115 (upgraded from 10). they had backup enabled, they decided to do veem backup (even though not recommended by Cisco). they deleted backup device and schedule configuration and also disabled DRF Master and DRF local and restarted tomcat but still we see message of 32 days without backup. is there a way to disable this warning?

<image.png>