this?

we have had multiple users say if they add Video to the call it makes it
better. Anyone else seeing that? Any ideas why that would be better?

what else can we do to make this work better? TAC has not been able to
help with this after multiple weeks of engagement.

any thoughts?

TIA

Scott
Re: digitized voice quality [ In reply to ]
Who is hearing the poor audio, the jabber user? the person the jabber user
is speaking to? is this jabber to jabber only? is this over wlan or lan?

One idea for why audio sucks but audio+video doesn't is that your priority
queue is dropping packets and when video is added both audio and video are
af41 and therefore circumvents the priority queue.

Can you confirm the dscp values on the voice stream for a voice only versus
voice+video call?

Re: digitized voice quality [ In reply to ]
That and what the regional bandwidth/codec lists are set to

Perhaps some calls are using g729 or something which would sound pretty gross on a PC headset in comparison to opus or even g711

Re: digitized voice quality [ In reply to ]
What codec is in use in capture of bad call? Diagnostic CDRs aka Severely
Concealed Seconds (SCCR) shows what? How are users connected? Packetloss or
high delay usually causes poor audio. I don't like G729 as in packet loss
sounds worse, wish CUBE had OPUS (coming).

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/cloud-systems-management/prime-collaboration/white-paper-c11-735409.html

Re: digitized voice quality [ In reply to ]
Is part of the call going over analog or tdm circuit (pri) or dsp resources
used?

I’ve heard of digitized (robotic) voice across the above and sometimes
physical hard phones with dsp issues mostly.

Re: digitized voice quality [ In reply to ]
Call recording might be one mechanism to verify what the user is experiencing unless you have experienced the same. Quality of service is always a thought as well. Just throwing additional thoughts into what everybody else mentioned.. all of which are great.

we are using Jabber 12.8 with CM 12.5 in a voice only mode. we have users reporting digitized voice call quality. has anyone else been dealing with this?

we have had multiple users say if they add Video to the call it makes it better. Anyone else seeing that? Any ideas why that would be better?

what else can we do to make this work better? TAC has not been able to help with this after multiple weeks of engagement.

any thoughts?

TIA

Scott

We comply with applicable Federal civil rights laws and do not discriminate.

You may access the Non-Discrimination and Accessibility Notice here <http://floridablue.com/ndnotice>.

Language Assistance Available:

Español, Kreyol Ayisien, Ti?ng Vi?t, Português, ??, français, Tagalog, ???????, italiano, Deutsche, ???, Polskie, Gujarati, ???, ???????, ???, ????? <http://floridablue.com/languageservices>

Florida Blue is a trade name of Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Florida, Inc. Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Florida, Inc., and its subsidiary and affiliate companies are not responsible for errors or omissions in this e-mail message. Any personal comments made in this e-mail do not reflect the views of Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Florida, Inc. The information contained in this document may be confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. This document may contain material that is privileged or protected from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient or the individual responsible for delivering to the intended recipient, please (1) be advised that any use, dissemination, forwarding, or copying of this document IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED; and (2) notify sender immediately by telephone and destroy the document. THANK YOU.
Re: digitized voice quality [ In reply to ]
Hy @ all

we have this on normal Jabber and Jabber for VDI on some Devices with BiB Recording enabled.

Interessting would be this i think

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/unified-communications/jabber-windows/212176-How-to-collect-an-Audio-Capture-Dump-wit.html

cheers