I’m curious if anyone has any experience with SIP testing tools.

I’m looking for a tool to be able to script testing valid configurations. Ex. Does MS Teams actually accept a call to this URI or does the group that manages MS Teams need to fix something on there side.

TIA
Re: Automated SIP Testing [ In reply to ]
Hi

What sort of testing, load testing?

Chrs

On Wed, Jul 8, 2020 at 7:54 AM UC Penguin <gentoo@ucpenguin.com> wrote:

> I’m curious if anyone has any experience with SIP testing tools.
>
> I’m looking for a tool to be able to script testing valid configurations.
> Ex. Does MS Teams actually accept a call to this URI or does the group that
> manages MS Teams need to fix something on there side.
>
> TIA

- Nick
Re: Automated SIP Testing [ In reply to ]
Need to send a call to MS Team and see if it returns an error. Ex. User not enabled for voice or unallocated DN.

Re: Automated SIP Testing [ In reply to ]
I don't know of a tool, but if you want to board the devops train (choo
choo) I would recommend looking at Twilio for programmable voice, and using
it to make your phone calls, but you orchestrate it from anywhere. You'll
get back status codes and the like, if that's all you're after, but you
could use it like a hammer too, and inject audio and/or dtmf, and even
record audio to confirm two-way media paths.

Re: Automated SIP Testing [ In reply to ]
I’ve played with Twilio it’s pretty cool!

I always chuckle at the “DevOps” term as that’s always existed before the new buzzword.

I need to place the calls via the SBC for Direct Routing. After the grief I was given by NetSec for allowing access to the required MS IPs, I don’t really want to go through that for Twilio.

Got sipp compiled and will play with it tomorrow.

Re: Automated SIP Testing [ In reply to ]
I've used SIPP a lot in the past- http://sipp.sourceforge.net/

Re: Automated SIP Testing [ In reply to ]
Made good progress on this.

Can run it with a PHP handler and look for “404 Not Found” in the returned data from shell_exec().

Quickly shows if the target is correctly setup on the MS Teams side.

Just need to automate the generation of the scenarios for an input list of targets and I’ll be all set.

Thanks!