From: cisco-voip <cisco-voip-bounces@puck.nether.net> On Behalf Of Lelio Fulgenzi
Sent: Friday, May 15, 2020 10:48 AM
To: cisco-voip voyp list <cisco-voip@puck.nether.net>
Subject: [cisco-voip] Field Notice: FN - 70555 - Legacy VoIP Mode and iOS 13 Apple Push Notification Service Changes That Affect Cisco Jabber, Cisco Webex Teams, Cisco Unified Communications Manager and IM & Presence Service, and Cisco Expressway - Software Upg...

Like we didn’t have enough to worry about.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/field-notices/705/fn70555.html

Sent from my iPhone
Re: Field Notice: FN - 70555 - Legacy VoIP Mode and iOS 13 Apple Push Notification Service Changes That Affect Cisco Jabber, Cisco Webex Teams, Cisco Unified Communications Manager and IM & Presence Service, and Cisco Expressway - Software Upg... [ In reply to ]
I guess depending what version you’re running.

But it looks like unless you’re at the latest and greatest SU, you’re upgrading quite a bit.

Sent from my iPhone

> On May 15, 2020, at 10:49 AM, Pawlowski, Adam <ajp26@buffalo.edu> wrote:
>
> ?CAUTION: This email originated from outside of the University of Guelph. Do not click links or open attachments unless you recognize the sender and know the content is safe. If in doubt, forward suspicious emails to IThelp@uoguelph.ca
>

> This one is on easy mode compared to some of these things, at least from my reading of it.

Re: Field Notice: FN - 70555 - Legacy VoIP Mode and iOS 13 Apple Push Notification Service Changes That Affect Cisco Jabber, Cisco Webex Teams, Cisco Unified Communications Manager and IM & Presence Service, and Cisco Expressway - Software Upgrade Recomme [ In reply to ]
What's funny is, this has been going on for like 4 years now.

But just like we, as kids, always waited until the last day to complete our
science fair projects, we wait on securing LDAP, moving to O365's oauth,
and enabling APNs.

On Fri, May 15, 2020 at 9:49 AM Lelio Fulgenzi <lelio@uoguelph.ca> wrote:

> Like we didn’t have enough to worry about.
>

> https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/field-notices/705/fn70555.html
>

> Sent from my iPhone

Re: Field Notice: FN - 70555 - Legacy VoIP Mode and iOS 13 Apple Push Notification Service Changes That Affect Cisco Jabber, Cisco Webex Teams, Cisco Unified Communications Manager and IM & Presence Service, and Cisco Expressway - Software Upg... [ In reply to ]
Yes, this has been a thing for us in the past, if we didn't schedule SU upgrades and try and get them in there, moving forward a few SUs would take a ton more time to go through notes, updates, etc.

This also got us though when you're expected to use a device pack to enable a device or a feature (say, turning off the call blacklist feature in the 12.8 firmware releases for the 8800 series) and you're behind where that wants you to be to run it.

I feel like you almost have to update to these things, and we're trying to get a better cadence for it to feel out the org for opportunity. Downtimes aren't too bad on SU updates, assuming you don't hit the VMWare bug or run out of partition space, but there are always some number of phones that wander off and don't return, or Jabber quirks.