Mailing List Archive

UCCX Callback Call Redirect Adding Diversion Header
Hey everyone,

I'm working on a UCCX Callback deployment which seems to be a weekly thing
lately.

But in this customer's environment, I'm noticing the outbound Call Redirect
Step is actually causing a diversion header to be sent out the Customer SIP
Trunk on the Outgoing Invite. The phone number is actually the destination
number we're doing the callback to.

Diversion: <sip:915555551212@10.0.0.1
>;reason=deflection;privacy=off;screen=yes

They've got Redirecting number outbound checked on the SIP Trunk for
call-forwarding/SNR to preserve the original calling number correctly.

The carrier is not accepting the call because of the Diversion header and
the agent gets a message from the carrier "call cannot be completed as
dialed".

I've tried sending the call through a translation pattern but that didn't
seem to strip out the redirecting number.

I'm curious if anyone has seen this with a callback script because I don't
remember a Diversion header being normal but maybe I've just always missed
it.

I can't turn off the Diversion header completely without breaking
call-forwarding.

Only thing I can think of would be a LUA script to strip the Diversion
header if the Calling Number is for an agent extension since those
shouldn't be ever forwarded anyways.

Anyone got any ideas on how to strip off this Diversion header just for
these callback calls?

Thanks,
Brian Meade
Re: UCCX Callback Call Redirect Adding Diversion Header [ In reply to ]
Can you prepend an access code on it and use a different trunk port/dial peer and strip it that way?

Kent

Re: UCCX Callback Call Redirect Adding Diversion Header [ In reply to ]
I think that should work! I can strip it on the dial-peer side to remove
the Diversion header for those new dial-peers.

Re: UCCX Callback Call Redirect Adding Diversion Header [ In reply to ]
Ended up switching to a Consult Transfer step instead. Now it's hold music
rather than true ringback but works pretty well. I can change the hold
music to fake ringback if it becomes an issue.