we did find a couple PRI's that had a clocking issue and fixed them. we
also opened a TAC case and they asked us to remove the OPUS codec, which we
did. most people saw improvements, but we still have a few that are
complaining.

They go back to IPC and say things are better.

Anyone having any issues like this? If so, how did you correct it?

TIA

Scott
Re: Jabber audio issues? [ In reply to ]
No, not for me. Also, interesting request from TAC to disable Opus,
because this codec was made for networks like the Internet, and as such
should perform the best out of all the choices Jabber can use if congestion
was the cause. So, unless they suspected OS/HW performance constraints on
the Jabber device, what was the reasoning they gave you to do so?

Re: Jabber audio issues? [ In reply to ]
Hello all

I wrote some scripting and bulk deployed Jabber to any of our users with telephony so they can grab and go, and we’ve seen (if control hub analytics are to be believed) about 25% of people use it at one point or another. I have not heard any complaints about audio – you can tell when someone is at home on a call and they decide to email you that attachment you’re talking about and their upload is congested. We have some customers that for whatever reason are using RDP to connect to a machine in their office to run Jabber there. That works through RDP gateway but not Anyconnect VPN, the audio is choppy and broken up there. Someone else reported that on the Community forums but there was no resolution that I could see.

The only real trouble we’ve had is maybe a couple of customers report that the calls drop off after a few minutes, or Jabber will disconnect from services. Universally, this seems to be related to their home routers or access points but we haven’t gathered enough data to say anything about that. Unfortunately, in this case there is not much that we can do for anyone unless they can use mobile data.

Adam