Mailing List Archive

Jabber and Finesse
We have on prem CUCM running 12.5.1. We also have IM and Presence and UCCX
for our phone queues. I am trying to figure out if I can move our phone
queues to Jabber and connect to Finesse via remote access (through VM Ware).
I seem to be able to get part way but when I try to make a call to the queue
the Finesse line will not answer and unless I go off hook first on the
Jabber app I cannot go to Ready on the Finesse side . I cannot even dial
it just directly. I can use that line and dial out from Jabber but for
some reason I cannot get the line to be recognized on the Finesse side. I
am sure I probably missed something in my haste so if anyone of you have
successfully done something like this I would appreciate a simple how to.

I hope all of you are safe and your families as well.

Terry

Terry Oakley

Telecommunications Coordinator | Information Technology Services

Red Deer College |100 College Blvd. | Box 5005 | Red Deer | Alberta | T4N
5H5

work (403) 342-3521 | FAX (403) 343-4034
Re: Jabber and Finesse [ In reply to ]
Hi Terry,

I had the same problem when I had my CCX extension on multiple items, even when unregistered. Clicking on ready resulted in an error, but the first time I made a call with it by opening the keypad it started working and I could go ready. Since the CCX extension is just an extension, you should be able to dial it regardless of what Finesse is doing, assuming it is in a partition that you can dial but it may not be.

After I made sure the extension was on nothing but my Jabber client, and I had signed out and back in, it began to work fine.

I haven't heard any comments from anyone else and we moved ~75 seats to Jabber MRA and Finesse remote this week.

Adam

Re: Jabber and Finesse [ In reply to ]
I think that is the key to the issue. UCCX extension can only be registered
to one device.

Re: Jabber and Finesse [ In reply to ]
Thank you for the quick replies. I know all of you are undergoing immense pressure so I truly appreciate the assistance. I have triple checked that the UCCX extension is just on the Jabber Windows client. When I try and dial the extension I get the nice Cisco lady telling me the number cannot be completed as dialed. If I dial the primary extension on the Jabber client it works. If I put the UCCX extension on a physical set (8851) it will ring.

When I am on the Jabber Windows client I have checked the CSS for the UCCX extension it is fine, same as the primary line. Double checked to make sure the extension was an active number. Allow Control of Device from CTI is enabled. There must be some little check box or something that I have missed but I have stared at the page so long it all looks the same.

Thanks again

Terry

________________________________

Re: Jabber and Finesse [ In reply to ]
Is the UCCX the primary line or the 2nd line on the jabber? You need newer expressway CUCM and jabber to support jabber multi line.

I don’t know about UCCX, but i am told with CCE, the agent line has to be the primary line on jabber.

Sent from my iPhone

Re: Jabber and Finesse [ In reply to ]
I have the agent on the second line. Will check that in the morning, thank you
And will check to see if version of expressway is the issue,

Terry

Sent from my BlackBerry — the most secure mobile device — via the TELUS Network

Re: Jabber and Finesse [ In reply to ]
Hi Terry - there's one other element to the setup that needs to be set in the VCS if it's not.

Maybe this is it?

Step 1

Go to VCS-C.

Step 2

Select VSC-C configuration > Unified Communication > Configuration > SIP Path headers and set it to On.

There's not really anything too substantial to configure otherwise. The CSF needs to be in the rmjtapi or rmcm or whatever application user's associated devices list, and then it "just works"

If you're getting that call cannot be completed message then it almost sounds like that line isn't registered and it has no other actions like VM or forwarding, which it shouldn't.

Adam

Re: Jabber and Finesse [ In reply to ]
Looks like Terry should be okay with that setting, being on 12.5, but for others who may try this setting, be aware of this bug: https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCvh48379/?reffering_site=dumpcr

I just ran into it on Monday, being on CUCM 12.0(1.10000.10).