This is a bit of a drag on Jabber deployments due to so many certs being needed.

From what I've seen, only Expressway supports auto-renew like let's encrypt.

From the article, it seems:

"Certificates issued prior to September 1 will have the same acceptable duration as certificates do today, which is 825 days. No action is required for these certificates."

I'm guessing it if says Safari, it's any cert used by an apple device, since the safari engine is used throughout, right?

We're planning on renewing soon, so we should be good to go with 2 years.

But the future?

What are others planning on doing?
Re: certificate renewals - 1 year only - due to Apple changes [ In reply to ]
If two years from now, a product that needs public certificates still doesn't support automated renewals, then it's a terrible product you should have migrated away from two years earlier. The writing has been on the wall for a long time. But even for developers who've had their heads in sand, two years is still plenty of time for them to get a clue. ;-)

-mn

Re: certificate renewals - 1 year only - due to Apple changes [ In reply to ]
Unfortunately, I can’t justify a telephone system upgrade for the sake of auto-renewal of certificates. ?

CUCM v11.5 has yet to be announced EOL. (Please Please Please don’t happen tomorrow).

This means we’ve got at least 5 more years to plan accordingly.

Will they issue an SU to support let’s encrypt? Let’s hope so!