Mailing List Archive

Re: [External] Re: 8800 w/ USB External Sound Card
wat? There's a hidden line output somewhere here?

http://hf0002.uah.edu/uploads/8851back.jpg

I'd love to use it if so. even if it's not supported...

--
Hunter Fuller
Router Jockey

Office of Information Technology
The University of Alabama in Huntsville
Network Engineering

Re: [External] Re: 8800 w/ USB External Sound Card [ In reply to ]
Oh oh! I honestly can’t remember where I saw that, not. It was some sort of wire frame drawing. I’m almost certain it was an 8851 reference too!

Sent from my iPhone

Re: [External] Re: 8800 w/ USB External Sound Card [ In reply to ]
The line output works well on the 8865. Now need to find a microphone!
Learn something new every day.

Re: [External] Re: 8800 w/ USB External Sound Card [ In reply to ]
You can probably use something like this to separate the mic/headphones out and use a regular pnp mic (computer mic or camera mic).

https://www.amazon.ca/Sennheiser-PCV-05-Adapter-Headsets/dp/B00IM36VU0

Sent from my iPhone

Re: [External] Re: 8800 w/ USB External Sound Card [ In reply to ]
Ok. Just in case that “gaming” adapter has something special about it...

https://www.amazon.ca/UGREEN-Splitter-Headphone-Separate-Microphone/dp/B073ZCWDZY

Sent from my iPhone

Re: [External] Re: 8800 w/ USB External Sound Card [ In reply to ]
So a 8865 may fit your solution lelio if those ports don’t work on 8851.
Took my kids boom mic off his gaming headset to test mic input and it was
good.

Re: [External] Re: 8800 w/ USB External Sound Card [ In reply to ]
We’re looking at a hardware refresh, and 8865s don’t fit the budget. :(

Sent from my iPhone

Re: [External] Re: 8800 w/ USB External Sound Card [ In reply to ]
It's the 8861

[image: image.png]

Re: [External] Re: 8800 w/ USB External Sound Card [ In reply to ]
FWIW I just had a co-worker plug his headphones in to the speaker port of
my 8861 and he said it sounded like garbage while on a call. Also, the
ringing sound doesn't play through the headphones, so no external ringer
option with this.

On Tue, Feb 25, 2020 at 10:22 AM Anthony Holloway <
avholloway+cisco-voip@gmail.com> wrote:

> It's the 8861
>
> [image: image.png]
>
> On Mon, Feb 24, 2020 at 4:49 PM Hunter Fuller <hf0002@uah.edu> wrote:
>
>> wat? There's a hidden line output somewhere here?
>>
>> http://hf0002.uah.edu/uploads/8851back.jpg
>>
>> I'd love to use it if so. even if it's not supported...
>>
>> --
>> Hunter Fuller
>> Router Jockey
>> VBH Annex B-5
>> +1 256 824 5331
>>
>> Office of Information Technology
>> The University of Alabama in Huntsville
>> Network Engineering
>>
>> On Mon, Feb 24, 2020 at 4:45 PM Lelio Fulgenzi <lelio@uoguelph.ca> wrote:
>> >
>> > Thanks! Will provide feedback accordingly.
>> >
>> > Or warnings never to try anything similar. Lol
>> >
>> > Sent from my iPhone

>> like you're off to a good start.

>> their class and pipe the audio into the classroom.

>> The prof might have to do some mute magic, ie half duplex conversation, but
>> that should be ok.

>> appropriate plugs and/or impedance and maybe use a system mute button
>> instead. OR, echo cancellation if available.

Unlike jabber, which, by default, rings ever single audio device on the earth by default.

FWIW I just had a co-worker plug his headphones in to the speaker port of my 8861 and he said it sounded like garbage while on a call. Also, the ringing sound doesn't play through the headphones, so no external ringer option with this.

On Tue, Feb 25, 2020 at 10:22 AM Anthony Holloway <avholloway+cisco-voip@gmail.com<mailto:avholloway%2Bcisco-voip@gmail.com>> wrote:
It's the 8861

[image.png]

Re: [External] Re: 8800 w/ USB External Sound Card [ In reply to ]
Interesting, my gf uses her 8865 with a cheap $20 gaming headset on these
connectors, with no problems. This phone is registered to Webex calling,
not that it probably matters. I don't know if the ringer works there
through the headset, can test if you want to know.

On Tue, Feb 25, 2020 at 10:34 AM Anthony Holloway <

Re: [External] Re: 8800 w/ USB External Sound Card [ In reply to ]
It sounded good on my quick little test. It only rings on the phone though.