Mailing List Archive

Voicemail Timeout in UCCX
What is a safe time difference between the CUCM RNA timeout to VM and UCCX timeout for a placed call to avoid calls sent directly to an employee from hitting VM?

Our RNA is 21 seconds. I don't want to increase it too much, but want to give agents some time to answer the direct call before assuming they aren't available and putting the call into the queue.

Matthew Loraditch
Sr. Network Engineer
p: 443.541.1518
w: www.heliontechnologies.com | e: MLoraditch@heliontechnologies.com
Re: Voicemail Timeout in UCCX [ In reply to ]
Well, I'm sure it will vary by environment, because it's essentially a
controlled race condition with many factors, but if you look at the
defaults: CUCM 12 seconds and UCCX 10 seconds (for Select Resource with
Connect set to True/Yes), then I would recommend 2 seconds.

Are you talking about Select Resource/Connect, or are you talking about
Place Call/Call Consult Transfer?

Re: Voicemail Timeout in UCCX [ In reply to ]
Thanks, and the latter. I’m going to go with 3 second difference just for some extra room

Matthew Loraditch
Sr. Network Engineer

On Thu, Feb 20, 2020 at 11:05 AM Matthew Loraditch <MLoraditch@heliontechnologies.com<mailto:MLoraditch@heliontechnologies.com>> wrote:
What is a safe time difference between the CUCM RNA timeout to VM and UCCX timeout for a placed call to avoid calls sent directly to an employee from hitting VM?

Our RNA is 21 seconds. I don’t want to increase it too much, but want to give agents some time to answer the direct call before assuming they aren’t available and putting the call into the queue.

Matthew Loraditch?
Sr. Network Engineer
p: 443.541.1518<tel:443.541.1518>
w: www.heliontechnologies.com<http://www.heliontechnologies.com/>