Mailing List Archive

Join Webex Button on TOuch 10
I noticed with CE9.10 they have now added a "Join Webex" button that appears on the Touch 10 home screen that allows direct calling to a webex meeting without dialing the entire URI. This is a great feature but now I'm trying to figure out if anyone is having luck integrating this Quick connect to webex meeting feature in to room systems that are Crestron controlled and do not have a Touch 10 present. Sure would be nice to be able to be able to have this functionality from the Crestron control as well. My A/V vendor says they "are working on it" so it could be a while. Anyone had luck with this?

Thanks Jason
Re: Join Webex Button on TOuch 10 [ In reply to ]
You can dial any 9-digit meeting number now like 123456789@webex.com.
Webex changed to make these non-site specific. So it's easy to make an
Extron/Crestron interface to enter a 9-digit meeting number than have it
just add @webex.com and dial.

The other thing you can do is just have a button for meet@webex.com which
prompts you to enter the 9-digit meeting number via DTMF.

Re: Join Webex Button on TOuch 10 [ In reply to ]
This is great!

Sent from my iPhone

On Feb 19, 2020, at 9:30 PM, Brian Meade <bmeade90@vt.edu<mailto:bmeade90@vt.edu>> wrote:

You can dial any 9-digit meeting number now like 123456789@webex.com<mailto:123456789@webex.com>. Webex changed to make these non-site specific. So it's easy to make an Extron/Crestron interface to enter a 9-digit meeting number than have it just add @webex.com<http://webex.com> and dial.

The other thing you can do is just have a button for meet@webex.com<mailto:meet@webex.com> which prompts you to enter the 9-digit meeting number via DTMF.

Re: Join Webex Button on TOuch 10 [ In reply to ]
I set up a dial pattern for this in our UCM, to match the dialing prefix set in Webex teams, which currently goes to our site.

It’s not that great from audio only devices because the meet IVR just answers with “enter your meeting number” and then is silent.

However – you can start a meeting this way very easily as you join as a video device as far as Webex is concerned.

Re: Join Webex Button on TOuch 10 [ In reply to ]
Just as an aside... this uses up a “video endpoint” peg count. So, at most, 200 attendants this way.

Sent from my iPhone