Mailing List Archive

Webex calling / flex sku’s
I’m trying to do a last minute pitch for a full fledged lab environment for webex cloud : mc/ec/tc/sc, Teams, webex calling w/pstn, vm (, and call center).

I know it’s not always as simple as top level sku’s but I’m wondering if anyone can shed some light.

I’m gonna use A-SPK-EDU to start, it’s still the right one in our case I believe. I want to make sure I’m not getting Spark Call, but the broadsoft webex calling.

Any pointers?

Sent from my iPhone
Re: Webex calling / flex sku’s [ In reply to ]
We're actually looking to do something similar here. While obv a Cisco account contact should be able to help, I also like to know what I'm dealing with. The Webex Calling datasheets describe different tiers, including basic/enterprise, but under the EA the basic doesn't exist I guess, or at least I got a warning from CCW playing with it.

List pricing puts Webex Calling at almost 100% over premise calling, and UCM Cloud is like 80% more - both of those numbers are hard to reconcile.

Based on CCW the enterprise calling is A-FLEX-EACL2 if you're doing this under A-FLEX-PUBLICSECT . I know you mentioned A-SPK-EDU but I don't know if that part is still available or not, they've made a lot of changes in the last few years.

Re: Webex calling / flex sku’s [ In reply to ]
Thanks! We only have a short time frame, so, based on my quick research, I think I may postpone the webex calling portion and only go for making our trial webex site full fledged, matching our production site.

I’ll have some time to work out what our production webex calling and cc agent solution would look like, then get that going on trial first.

I’m hoping we can get them to give us spk-edu for a short period of time, co-term with our production site.

Interesting thing about the public sector SKUs, they don’t include the “how many student licenses do you need?” Question like the edu sku does. Not sure how they work that in.

Our EA comes due next year. I’m sure there will be a lot of stuff that changes (again). I wish we had licensed the trial site earlier.

One thing I know, is that more than likely we will move to flex.

Lelio

Sent from my iPhone

Re: Webex calling / flex sku’s [ In reply to ]
So, yes, in doing this research flex is a bit interesting.

Early EAs had different restrictions on license quantity, which can impact a flex purchase. 1:1 may not be possible based on the license allowance ratios in Flex for anonymous phones or general mailboxes.

It's also all subscription so your licenses end with the sub , not that anyone in enterprise should be floating support but that's not a game that seems that you can play with Flex. That just means processing budgets to re-up sooner, or, if you're looking at other solutions, getting that process rolling faster since you lose entitlement when you stop paying.

And yeah we have A-SPK -EDU for Webex/Teams meetings which is different than the public sector enterprise for sure.

What I will say with Flex is that if you can meet minimums for service, you can up quantities within the term of the agreement, so you should be able to add "more" of something you already have without re-ordering the whole thing. You can't back down though I believe. I'm going to have misspoken about a lot of this since I'm an end user, we don't work with a partner, but our Cisco account team is very helpful in getting these answers when I come up with crazy questions - I hope yours is as well.

Adam

Re: Webex calling / flex sku’s [ In reply to ]
My biggest worry is the expiration of the service. We've notoriously been late in renewing our SmartNet/EA in the past. If, with Flex, the expiry is forced, based on a license file, it means we will have to be more diligent. Unfortunately, getting something like this passed requires three or four separate departments, emails (from licensing) get lost, etc. Hopefully it will all work out in the future.

And then there's Webex hardware as a service! ????

Lelio