Mailing List Archive

OAuth for Unity Connection/Office 365
This just came out yesterday so this is more directed for anyone lurking at Cisco, but how is this supposed to work?

Our UM has been disabled for months because of MS security requirements for resellers that broke the old way so I quickly installed this in my test lab to see if it will fix my issue.

According to all the MS documentation there should be no need to use the old Autodiscover, etc that Unity was using. You just connect to the default outlook.office365.com EWS url and use your oauth info and boom.

However, the fields for the old account are still there and mandatory and all the test options are going through and failing Autodiscover...

If I look at the Mailbox Sync Logs I don't see any evidence it's trying to use Oauth/EWS.

Going down the rabbit hole so everyone else doesn't have to!

Matthew Loraditch
Sr. Network Engineer
p: 443.541.1518
w: www.heliontechnologies.com | e: MLoraditch@heliontechnologies.com
Re: OAuth for Unity Connection/Office 365 [ In reply to ]
Matthew, yes it is pretty new, and I have no setup with which to experiment
or test, but have you read this section of the CUC 12.x doc? It seems to
indicate CUC will still use Auto Discovery and in Step 6 it shows how to
enable that in O365.
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/12x/unified_messaging/b_12xcucumgx/b_12xcucumgx_chapter_01.html#ID-2370-000005f5

Re: OAuth for Unity Connection/Office 365 [ In reply to ]
I did see that this morning and it fueled my confusion as it’s not needed (or useful) when using oauth and the EWS APIs.

They added OAuth because Microsoft is disabling the basic authentication that the Autodiscover and the old method used to use.

Really just hoping to get some insight from someone and hope to hear it’s half baked and will be finished later and/or I found an issue and it’ll get fixed. Will work with TAC eventually if I don’t get any feedback

Matthew Loraditch
Sr. Network Engineer

According to all the MS documentation there should be no need to use the old Autodiscover, etc that Unity was using. You just connect to the default outlook.office365.com<http://outlook.office365.com> EWS url and use your oauth info and boom.

However, the fields for the old account are still there and mandatory and all the test options are going through and failing Autodiscover…

If I look at the Mailbox Sync Logs I don’t see any evidence it’s trying to use Oauth/EWS.

Going down the rabbit hole so everyone else doesn’t have to!

Matthew Loraditch?
Sr. Network Engineer
p: 443.541.1518<tel:443.541.1518>
w: www.heliontechnologies.com<http://www.heliontechnologies.com/>

e: MLoraditch@heliontechnologies.com<mailto:MLoraditch@heliontechnologies.com>
[cid:image006.jpg@01D5DB46.F99D31C0]
Re: OAuth for Unity Connection/Office 365 [ In reply to ]
Matthew, What did you end up learning on this effort?

On Tue, Feb 4, 2020 at 10:10 AM Matthew Loraditch <

Re: OAuth for Unity Connection/Office 365 [ In reply to ]
Looks like CUCM 11.5 SU8 addresses oauth with o365. Did you see that?

Re: OAuth for Unity Connection/Office 365 [ In reply to ]
FYI, I recently tried my first O365 Single Inbox integration. I did it
using OAuth2 (my CUC version was 12.5 SU2) and it worked well after I
figured out how to properly use PowerShell to remotely manage Exchange
Online to perform the required steps in the doc. I assume it would work
equally well with 11.5 SU8 if it supports OAuth2.

On Fri, Jul 17, 2020 at 12:14 PM Anthony Holloway <

Re: OAuth for Unity Connection/Office 365 [ In reply to ]
Oh god, I never replied to this in April.

I posted here what I did that made things work:
https://community.cisco.com/t5/collaboration-applications/oauth-for-office-365-unity-connection-12-5-su2/m-p/4098350#M43230

Matthew Loraditch
Sr. Network Engineer