Mailing List Archive

uccx browser response slow when redundant uccx is down
hi

I did fresh installation of uccx1 and 2. currently demo license is expired and i am sorting that out but whenever i shutdown one of the uccx. the browser response of the powered on UCCX is very very slow. UCCX version is 12. can it be because of ntp?

admin:utils diagnose test

Log file: platform/log/diag1.log

Starting diagnostic test(s)
===========================
test - disk_space : Passed (available: 8409 MB, used: 17621 MB)
skip - disk_files : This module must be run directly and off hours
test - service_manager : Passed
test - tomcat : Passed
test - tomcat_deadlocks : Passed
test - tomcat_keystore : Passed
test - tomcat_connectors : Passed
test - tomcat_threads : Passed
test - tomcat_memory : Passed
test - tomcat_sessions : Passed
skip - tomcat_heapdump : This module must be run directly and off hours
test - validate_network : Error, intra-cluster communication is broken, unable to connect to [10.10.160.109]
test - raid : Passed
test - system_info : Passed (Collected system information in diagnostic log)
test - ntp_reachability : Passed
test - ntp_clock_drift : Passed
test - ntp_stratum : Failed
The reference NTP server is a stratum 5 clock.
NTP servers with stratum 5 or worse clocks are deemed unreliable.
Please consider using an NTP server with better stratum level.

Please use OS Admin GUI to add/delete NTP servers.

skip - sdl_fragmentation : This module must be run directly and off hours
skip - sdi_fragmentation : This module must be run directly and off hours

Diagnostics Completed

The final output will be in Log file: platform/log/diag1.log

Please use 'file view activelog platform/log/diag1.log' command to see the output

admin:

Regards

Naray
Re: uccx browser response slow when redundant uccx is down [ In reply to ]
Best practices is to have an NTP of stratum 4 or lower, but I wouldn't
think it would cause a slow down. Your cluster is having issues, so
resolve that, just causing more work on your system if all tests aren't
good.

Are you on supported hardware? Does RTMT have any alerts that would be
pertinent?

Re: uccx browser response slow when redundant uccx is down [ In reply to ]
hi Charles

ntp issue resolved, when i go to uccx serviceability the response is fast but not application page or unified serviceability page. software is installed on Cisco UC high density server so shouldnt be an issue. i can download and install rtmt because of license issue. i will do it once i sort out license issue.

when the second uccx is powered off, following is replication servers status page

[cid:4ca574ee-59ba-4bd4-87ee-33ec120f9797]

admin:utils diagnose test

Log file: platform/log/diag4.log

Starting diagnostic test(s)
===========================
test - disk_space : Passed (available: 8409 MB, used: 17621 MB)
skip - disk_files : This module must be run directly and off hours
test - service_manager : Passed
test - tomcat : Passed
test - tomcat_deadlocks : Passed
test - tomcat_keystore : Passed
test - tomcat_connectors : Passed
test - tomcat_threads : Passed
test - tomcat_memory : Passed
test - tomcat_sessions : Passed
skip - tomcat_heapdump : This module must be run directly and off hours
test - validate_network : Error, intra-cluster communication is broken, unable to connect to [10.10.160.109]
test - raid : Passed
test - system_info : Passed (Collected system information in diagnostic log)
test - ntp_reachability : Passed
test - ntp_clock_drift : Passed
test - ntp_stratum : Passed
skip - sdl_fragmentation : This module must be run directly and off hours
skip - sdi_fragmentation : This module must be run directly and off hours

Diagnostics Completed

The final output will be in Log file: platform/log/diag4.log

Please use 'file view activelog platform/log/diag4.log' command to see the output

Regards

Naray

Re: uccx browser response slow when redundant uccx is down [ In reply to ]
hi

License issue is sorted. following is alert history of RTMT

[cid:76dd63f2-ab0a-42cb-9497-991326967639]

At Mon Feb 10 12:15:30 AEDT 2020 on node PRDUCCX01; the following SyslogSeverityMatchFound events generated: SeverityMatch : Critical MatchedEvent : Feb 10 12:14:59 PRDUCCX01 local7 2 : 300: PRDUCCX01: Feb 10 2020 01:14:59.73 UTC : %UC_SERVICEMANAGER-2-ServiceStartFailed: %[ServiceName=Cisco Unified Intelligence Center Reporting Service][Reason=Unsuccessful completion][AppID=Cisco Service Manager][ClusterID=][NodeID=PRDUCCX01]: Failed to start service. AppID : Cisco Syslog Agent ClusterID : NodeID : PRDUCCX01 TimeStamp : Mon Feb 10 12:14:59 AEDT 2020 SeverityMatch : Critical MatchedEvent : Feb 10 12:14:59 PRDUCCX01 local7 2 : 301: PRDUCCX01: Feb 10 2020 01:14:59.75 UTC : %UC_SERVICEMANAGER-2-ServiceFailed: %[ServiceName=Cisco Unified Intelligence Center Reporting Service][Reason=Service stopped abruptly][AppID=Cisco Service Manager][ClusterID=][NodeID=PRDUCCX01]: Service terminated. AppID : Cisco Syslog Agent ClusterID : NodeID : PRDUCCX01 TimeStamp : Mon Feb 10 12:15:00 AEDT 2020

Service operational status is DOWN. Cisco CallManager Serviceability;Cisco RTMT Reporter Servlet;Cisco Tomcat Stats Servlet;Cisco Trace Collection Servlet;Cisco Unified CCX Administration;Cisco Unified CCX CVD Dependent Webapp;Cisco Unified CCX Configuration API;Cisco Unified CCX Serviceability;Cisco Unified CCX WebServices;Cisco Unified Serviceability RTMT;Platform Administrative Web Service;SOAP -Log Collection APIs;SOAP -Performance Monitoring APIs;SOAP -Real-Time Service APIs. The alert is generated on Mon Feb 10 11:58:30 AEDT 2020 on node PRDUCCX01.

Regards

Naray