DR site. It is far away and has less capability.

How do we:

1 - Make sure the primary site handles all MRA registrations and the DR
site is only used when the primary is down.
2 = Make sure failover occurs automatically... currently Jabber users have
to log out and back in to connect to the DR site.

Thanks!

Jonathan
Re: Expressway Cluster failover for MRA... [ In reply to ]
I could be wrong here, but from what was explained to me...

You may be able to control the initial connection from off-prem device to the E of your choosing, but you cannot control which C that E talks to. And vice-versa.

So, you could point people to Ea, but they could easily be sent to Cs. And that traffic back from Cs could easily be sent to Es.

I was told at one time, the only option would be to put hosts in maintenance mode or something like that. But it wasn’t advised.

I’d love to hear other suggestions.

-sent from mobile device-

Lelio Fulgenzi, B.A. | Senior Analyst
Room 037 Animal Science & Nutrition Bldg | 50 Stone Rd E | Guelph, ON | N1G 2W1<x-apple-data-detectors://1/0>
519-824-4120 Ext. 56354<tel:519-824-4120;56354> | lelio@uoguelph.ca<mailto:lelio@uoguelph.ca>

www.uoguelph.ca/ccs<http://www.uoguelph.ca/ccs> | @UofGCCS on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook