Offline Analog Call Recording
Hello all,

I'm trying to find a solution that will support not only BiB call recording for IP Phones and Jabber, of which there are many, but, also analog lines. However, we're not looking to record them from a VG. These lines are used as a backup during maintenance to the VoIP system, or when the facility is isolated from the network or VoIP is otherwise down. We'd like to record the audio from them and either spool it to be sent to the recording server later, or, less ideally, the recording server would be a physical server located at that site so that our network interruptions aren't their network interruptions.

I can find any number of solutions that will work for the BiB devices, but, not this analog scenario. I've seen some options from Revcord and HigherGround which sort of can accomplish this but are larger software suites.

Anyone aware of anything that can do this?

Regards,

Adam Pawlowski

SUNYAB
Re: Offline Analog Call Recording [ In reply to ]
Hello,

The last time I had to record analog, I had to force the call out of the
analog gateway to another analog gateway (basically) and capture the data
in between. I used ZOOM CallREC to capture the recording. That said, with
the new media forking available in the gateways, you might be able to
hairpin that call through a VoIP dial peer to get it to fork. I've done
that with a PRI before and sent the forked stream to MediaSense. Not ideal,
but worked. I've attached that config for your reference.

Thanks,

James