Mailing List Archive

Webex Meeting Server and VMWare patching
Hi, everyone.

I have been asked to patch some vulnerabilities in a couple of IRP Servers from a Webex Meeting Server solution that are exposed to the Internet. There are 8 more serves in the Webex deployment besides the IRPs. It is my first time working with VMWare and patches. Although I have the process figured out, I still have one question.
Is it necessary to patch all the 10 servers, or is it enough with the servers that have been singled out.
I have consuted others, and know that -in theory- every ESXi host is independent from the rest so I am working with the idea of doing only those two servers.
(I know that the IDEAL solution is to patch everyting, but that system will soon be decomissioned and it doesen?t seem to be worth all the work)

What do you think?

Thanks,

Ariel