Just knowing whether I should plan sooner or later to add a third node to the clusters.

I’m pretty sure we’ll be ok. But we’re going strong with Jabber in the new year and I’m worried about all the mobile devices that will be registering.

We’re still on 11, so no off-Prem service definition. Not sure we’d block that anyways.

-sent from mobile device-

Lelio Fulgenzi, B.A. | Senior Analyst
Room 037 Animal Science & Nutrition Bldg | 50 Stone Rd E | Guelph, ON | N1G 2W1<x-apple-data-detectors://1/0>
519-824-4120 Ext. 56354<tel:519-824-4120;56354> | lelio@uoguelph.ca<mailto:lelio@uoguelph.ca>

www.uoguelph.ca/ccs<http://www.uoguelph.ca/ccs> | @UofGCCS on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook

Re: Expressway registration w/ 2 nodes [ In reply to ]
Ok. Doing some more reading. It sounds like both nodes are active. It’s when one fails that the node limit comes into play.

Does this sound about right?

“The maximum video call capacity per node is 150 sessions. In a two-node cluster in a non-resilient deployment, the video call cluster capacity is 300, but it would be reduced by half if one node fails. In order to provide resiliency and maintain the cluster capacity if one of the two nodes fails, the recommended high-available two-node cluster capacity is limited to 150 video sessions. During normal operations, video calls are load-balanced across the cluster; and with business-to-business communications, rich media session licenses are shared across the cluster. If one node fails, the remaining node is licensed to handle all 150 cluster video sessions because of license sharing. Because the node capacity is also 150 video sessions, the remaining node can then handle all 150 video sessions, and therefore the cluster capacity is maintained.”

-sent from mobile device-

Lelio Fulgenzi, B.A. | Senior Analyst
Room 037 Animal Science & Nutrition Bldg | 50 Stone Rd E | Guelph, ON | N1G 2W1<x-apple-data-detectors://1/0>
519-824-4120 Ext. 56354<tel:519-824-4120;56354> | lelio@uoguelph.ca<mailto:lelio@uoguelph.ca>

www.uoguelph.ca/ccs<http://www.uoguelph.ca/ccs> | @UofGCCS on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook

Does expressway enforce the N+1 limits in a two node system?

If I have two medium nodes in each C and E cluster, does the 2501st registration get rejected?