Mailing List Archive

7945G/UCM9.1 - AbbrSpeed dials only display number, not name
Hi all -

Long time lurker with a new question -

I am replacing a 7911 phone with a 7945
The end user has speed dials with numbers, labels, and ASCII labels under
their account.
The 7911 phone shows the digits on the display as well as the label name.

I have configured a 7945G for this user, and the existing speed dials show
up as "unassigned associated items" in the 7945G, as I'd expect since he's
got those speed dials built in his CCMUser account.
The phoneset has a template of 2 lines, and nothing else.

The 7945G won't show anything except the numbers, it doesn't show the
labels assigned to those numbers.

I've tried building a template with 2 lines, 4 speed dials, and that makes
no difference to how the numbers end up being displayed on the phone when
you push the 'down arrow' button.

Everything works correctly - the speed dials show the right numbers, dial
when selected.
It's just impossible for him to know which speed dial is which without the
label being displayed...

What am I missing in regard to these speed dials displaying their label as
programmed?

Here's the 7911 display
[image: image.png]

And here are the exact same speed dials shown from the SAME end user account
on the 7945
[image: image.png]

All speed dial numbers are configured via his CCMUser account -

Thanks Tim

--

*Quis custodiet
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quis_custodiet_ipsos_custodes%3F>ipsos*

Tim Reimers

Network Administrator

I.T Services

City of Asheville

treimers@ashevillenc.gov

(desk) 828-259-5512

(cell) 828-552-1585

Please do NOT use the contact information above for unsolicited sales
contacts.

All unsolicited sales calls > /dev/null
Re: 7945G/UCM9.1 - AbbrSpeed dials only display number, not name [ In reply to ]
They would need to use the personal address book, which is not coupled to the speed dials.

You can put 1 on the phone but those do not have that sort of favorites/speed dial list.

Or print the speed dial list and use abbreviated dial, or a custom directory.. There used to be a way to click on them from the web (webdialer?) but I haven’t had any luck with that actually working from the self care portal since about UCM 9 anyways.

treimers@ashevillenc.gov<mailto:treimers@ashevillenc.gov>