Right now, contact searches are done to the AD server that our system is integrated with via UDS. Problem is, our AD server is not authoritative for our phone directory, our LDAP server is.

I was hoping for an easy fix to perform non-authenticated LDAP lookups for all scenarios.

Thoughts?

---
Lelio Fulgenzi, B.A. | Senior Analyst
Room 037 Animal Science & Nutrition Bldg | 50 Stone Rd E | Guelph, ON | N1G 2W1
519-824-4120 Ext. 56354 | lelio@uoguelph.ca<mailto:lelio@uoguelph.ca>

www.uoguelph.ca/ccs<http://www.uoguelph.ca/ccs> | @UofGCCS on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook

Re: Jabber with LDAP contact search over MRA [ In reply to ]
I haven't used it, so here's what I think I know on the topic.

This is actually a CUCM feature, which let's clients still use UDS, but as
a proxy for LDAP searches. So the UDS messaging still goes from Jabber
through MRA (supported), and then once it hits CUCM, the CUCM converts the
UDS message into an LDAP query, followed by converting whatever response it
receives from LDAP into a UDS response back through MRA to the Jabber
client.

The reason you likely couldn't find info on it, is because it's not a
Jabber nor MRA feature, rather it's a CUCM 11.5 feature.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/srnd/collab11/collab11/directry.html#69687

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/rel_notes/11_5_1/cucm_b_release-notes-cucm-imp-1151/cucm_b_release-notes-cucm-imp-1151_chapter_010.html#CUCM_RF_O11063F0_00

Re: Jabber with LDAP contact search over MRA [ In reply to ]
Thanks Anthony. I did find it and found that, for some reason, they put a restriction on the LDAP search using the LDAP system definition. Argh.

Our directory (for sync) and authentication is AD based. So the LDAP system definition is AD based with sAMAccountName.

As a result, the Search uses the following mapping which is not editable: userID = sAMAccountName.

I don’t understand why they would impose that restriction. Many EDUs have _both_ AD and (native) LDAP servers out there. I want to use my corporate LDAP server (which does not have sAMAccountName) for phone lookups.

Double Argh.

---

519-824-4120 Ext. 56354 | lelio@uoguelph.ca<mailto:lelio@uoguelph.ca><mailto:lelio@uoguelph.ca<mailto:lelio@uoguelph.ca>>

www.uoguelph.ca/ccs<http://www.uoguelph.ca/ccs><http://www.uoguelph.ca/ccs> | @UofGCCS on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook