Mailing List Archive

Automatic disconnect
Can I program a speed dial button on a 7945/7965 to call an extension and have it automatically hang-up in say 10/20 seconds. Looking at using a speed dial on a 7945/7965 as a panic button.

Thanks

Norm Nicholson
Telecom Analyst
City of Kitchener
(519) 741-2200 x 7000
Re: Automatic disconnect [ In reply to ]
Not that I'm aware of, but we have used Informacast to do panic buttons :
https://www.singlewire.com/informacast/use-case/panic-buttons

Re: Automatic disconnect [ In reply to ]
Setup the ring no answer to go to voicemail after 10/20 seconds. In Unity
Connection, set it to play a blank greeting then set to hang up as the
after greeting action.

I'm assuming you want it to ring and then hang up after 10/20 seconds? Or
will the destination phone answer the call?

Re: Automatic disconnect [ In reply to ]
Nice one Brian.

Along the same lines, but with UCCX, you could setup the speed dial to a
UCCX trigger, which drops the calling party, and places an outbound call to
the target(s). It could then just drop the call after so many seconds,
and/or play a greeting with instructions, etc. Assuming you have UCCX of
course.

Or alternatively, you could use CURRI API to send phone alerts using the IP
Phone API and/or send email alerts using an SMTP library. It's the age of
programmability, so....can't we just avoid it forever.