Mailing List Archive

JVDI + Wyse ThinOS + Horizon
Greetings all,

Anyone tinkering with Jabber VDI + Dell Wyse ThinOS + Horizon?

It appears Dell has released in version 8.6 of ThinOS support for JVDI w/Citrix, but I cannot find anything about support for VMware or Blast.

https://dell.to/336QAIg < JVDI on Citrix
https://dell.to/2oxk1UU < S4B on VMware but no mention of JVDI anywhere.

Sorry for the cross-post to JVDI Cisco communities for those that follow both.
Re: JVDI + Wyse ThinOS + Horizon [ In reply to ]
Not me, but this is a good opportunity for me to remind you fine people
that Cisco dropped support for using Jabber VDI as the video and your
deskphone as the audio. That's really unfortunate, considering it was
supported before the renaming to Jabber VDI (was called VMXE before), and
it remains supported in regular Jabber for Windows.

*Cisco Jabber Binary Floor Control Protocol (BFCP) desktop share, desk
phone video (display of video on the desktop when the thin client is
tethered to the user’s desk phone), Federal Information Processing
Standards/Information Assurance (FIPS/IA) compliance, collaboration edge,
Kerberos/Call Admission Control (CAC) support with Single Sign-On (SSO),
Far-End Camera Control (FECC), and Cisco Unified Survivable Remote Site
Telephony (SRST) are not supported with Cisco JVDI.*

Source:
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/unified-communications/jabber-softphone-for-vdi/data-sheet-c78-740478.html