Mailing List Archive

SIP Plar to 8841 phones
Hello,

Has anyone ever gotten the plar to work for SIP 8841 phones? I’m setting it up now with one 6901 skinny phone and two 8841 sip phones on CUCM 9.1 but the 8841 phones don’t dial the 6901 phone. I’m able to get it working from skinny 6901 phone to 8841 phone no problem but can’t get it to work opposite way around. I have all the partitions, CSS, translation patterns and sip dial rules configured, but when i pick up handset of 8841 phone I just get dial tone instead of ring back from calling the 6901 phone.
Re: SIP Plar to 8841 phones [ In reply to ]
I can't speak to possible limitations with the CUCM or firmware versions
but PLAR on 8841 SIP phones definitely works.

When creating the dial rule I would confirm you have picked what button
will act as a PLAR correctly, and that you are choosing to Add PLAR rather
than Add Pattern.

Here's some notes of mine when I first struggled with it years ago.

http://webmaxtor.blogspot.com/2015/09/cucm-using-sip-phones-as-plar-or-ring.html