Mailing List Archive

UCCX, ASR and Grammars
Using UCCX version 11 and have installed Nuance ASR version 11. It's ASR is registered up and recognized by UCCX.

I'm need to get grammars for some really simple applications. Basically, numbers (spoken and DTMF) and yes/no.

I cannot find any documentation on where to get this or how to create it. I have found some old references to Nuance Grammar Builder, but that tool is no where to be found. I cannot even find a good example of what would work (I've found some grammar examples, but they are so different, I don't know which would actually work). And while UCCX has some built in grammars, I can't find documentation on what's in them or a way to download them.

Would love to get some suggestions/pointers/etc. on how to handle this.
Cliff

This message (including any attachments) is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is non-public, proprietary, privileged, confidential, and exempt from disclosure under applicable law or may constitute as attorney work product. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, notify us immediately by telephone and (i) destroy this message if a facsimile or (ii) delete this message immediately if this is an electronic communication. Thank you.
Re: UCCX, ASR and Grammars [ In reply to ]
I would be willing to bet that ASR skills/experience on UCCX is slim 'round
these parts. It's probably because the size/kind of customers using UCCX
are not the same as those leveraging ASR. I would think most customers
using ASR are using UCCE (or another vendor), if I had to guess.

Anyway, if it were me in your position, I would start by reading through
these:

https://developer.cisco.com/docs/contact-center-express/#!using-grammars-in-your-scripts

https://developer.cisco.com/docs/contact-center-express/#grammar

https://community.cisco.com/t5/contact-center/uccx-speech-recognition-tag-problem/m-p/3674003

https://community.cisco.com/t5/contact-center/dtmf-only-grammar-not-working-what-am-i-missing-does-anyone-have/m-p/3935710

Script Editor > File > New > IVR > Auto Attendant

Installation ISO >
\Cisco\contactcenterexpress\RPMS\UCCX05_GSD-8.0.1-1.i386.rpm\UCCX05_GSD-8.0.1-1.i386.cpio\.\common\cisco\uccx\Grammars\system\

Share what you learn, because as you already know, there's not enough good
information out there on the topic of UCCX+ASR.

Re: UCCX, ASR and Grammars [ In reply to ]
Here's the specification for the grammar xml:
https://www.w3.org/TR/speech-grammar/

Anthony is right, not a lot of mix with UCCX+ASR however it follows the
standard and is universally applicable, the gotchas tend to be around
platform specific ASR technologies (particularly the built in grammars you
can utilize).

Depending on what you're doing, you'll want to do something like this (DTMF
grammar below)

<grammar *mode="dtmf"* root="root" version="1.0" xml:lang="en-US" xmlns="
http://www.w3.org/2001/06/grammar">
<rule id="root" scope="public">
<one-of>
<item>
1
<tag>V='Y'</tag>
</item>
<item>
2
<tag>V='N'</tag>
</item>
</one-of>
</rule>
</grammar>

Y would be returned [to UCCX step] when 1 is pressed, N with 2. To make a
voice specific grammar you'd change *mode* to be *"voice"* and put in
things like "yes" instead of 1 under the item tags.

Depending on what you're doing will determine how complex the grammar needs
to be.

Regards,
Tanner Ezell

On Thu, Oct 17, 2019 at 6:53 PM Clifford McGlamry <

Re: UCCX, ASR and Grammars [ In reply to ]
I want to know how you get it to do natural language processing. Ever done
that?

E.g.,

IVR: "What can I help you with?"
Me: "Yeah, I uh, would like to know, uhm, when is the deadline for the
application form submission?"
IVR: "The deadline for all submissions is October 31st. Anything else?"

Re: UCCX, ASR and Grammars [ In reply to ]
Well in the good old days, you look for key words and phrases and build big
lists. To improve accuracy over time you recorded the user input that has
low success and use that to supplement your grammars.

Now a days you'd probably feed the ASR to AWS or something to do the
processing and let the IVR be a bit more dumbed down.

Re: UCCX, ASR and Grammars [ In reply to ]
But with UCCX + Nuance, you should be able to do it though, correct?

I'm looking at something like this:
https://developer.cisco.com/docs/contact-center-express/#!how-the-generic-recognition-set-of-steps-work

Also, as I looked up that link, I see there is an example similar to your
previous here:
https://developer.cisco.com/docs/contact-center-express/#!using-the-srgs-grammar-format

Re: UCCX, ASR and Grammars [ In reply to ]
Yeah of course you can!

On Fri, Oct 18, 2019 at 9:03 AM Anthony Holloway <

Re: UCCX, ASR and Grammars [ In reply to ]
The OP in the following post I linked earlier:

https://community.cisco.com/t5/contact-center/dtmf-only-grammar-not-working-what-am-i-missing-does-anyone-have/m-p/3935710

He has no replied with a ZIP file containing some examples GRXML files.
I'm not sure if that will help you out more, but I thought I'd mention it.

On Fri, Oct 18, 2019 at 9:54 AM Anthony Holloway <