Thanks,
Steve

This email may contain privileged and/or confidential information that is intended solely for the use of the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient or entity, you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing or using any of the information contained in the transmission. If you received this communication in error, please contact the sender immediately and destroy the material in its entirety, whether electronic or hard copy. This communication may contain nonpublic personal information about consumers subject to the restrictions of the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act and the Sarbanes-Oxley Act. You may not directly or indirectly reuse or disclose such information for any purpose other than to provide the services for which you are receiving the information. There are risks associated with the use of electronic transmission. The sender of this information does not control the method of transmittal or service providers and assumes no duty or obligation for the security, receipt, or third party interception of this transmission.
Re: Jabber Softphone over WiFi [ In reply to ]
As long as you have all the components in place, Jabber as a desktop replacement is doable. The issue comes down to ... do you have all the components in place and/or are you ready to live without the feature a missing component gives you?

Some components are not an option, say, split view DNS and Expressway for on-prem and off-prem delivery. There's no way I've found to do that without split view DNS. We ended up having to deploy a set of delegated DNS servers for a specific discovery domain in order to deliver the off-premise and on-premise functionality.

Some components are ok to put aside... i.e. quality of service.

The other issue is features and functionality. Jabber is close, but not 100% feature parity. For example, no park on Jabber for Windows. I also just noticed, is there a way to deploy speed dials on Jabber? I'm not sure.

Just some general thoughts about that.

---
Lelio Fulgenzi, B.A. | Senior Analyst
Room 037 Animal Science & Nutrition Bldg | 50 Stone Rd E | Guelph, ON | N1G 2W1
519-824-4120 Ext. 56354 | lelio@uoguelph.ca<mailto:lelio@uoguelph.ca>

www.uoguelph.ca/ccs<http://www.uoguelph.ca/ccs> | @UofGCCS on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook