Mailing List Archive

Where does CUCM/informix store the recordingMediaSource and recordingFlag for phones/lines?
We're changing our recording platform and have to move from BiB Phone Preferred to Gateway Preferred. I know we have many phones already (erroneously) set to gateway preferred. The way we are set up, this isn't causing an issue but will in the future. I need to find out how many phones we have set this way. I can't find a way to search on this setting, so I turned to SQL and AXL.

When working with the AXL API, I can use a getPhone call and pull down the appropriate config. I can also use an updatePhone call to change the recording media source from "Phone Preferred" to "Gateway Preferred" and recordingFlag to and from "Automatic Call Recording Enabled" and "Selective Call Recording Enabled." When I look at the numplan, device and devicenumplanmap, I don't see where the recording media source or recordingFlag are stored.

I've tried pulling down the rows of the previously mentioned tables via a SQL select, then changing the settings in CUCM and pulling the same tables down to see if anything changed. Nothing changes so I think it has to be storing somewhere else or I'm doing something wrong.

Does anyone have either a SQL query I can look at that shows how this is stored, or a better understanding of how this parts works? Maybe there is a way to do this in CUCM that I'm unaware of?

Thanks in advance,
Nick
Re: Where does CUCM/informix store the recordingMediaSource and recordingFlag for phones/lines? [ In reply to ]
I don't have an answer to your question, but why not just export all phones
and filter that column in excel?

Re: Where does CUCM/informix store the recordingMediaSource and recordingFlag for phones/lines? [ In reply to ]
Valid question. We hit bug CSCvr11455 <https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCvr11455/?rfs=iqvred>a week ago and it crippled our company for a few days because it broke A Cisco DB and affected Extension Mobility. We are in an "enhanced" change freeze window until Cisco can get us a patch. Just trying to keep this other project rolling while we're stuck on the support side. The last time I exported all phones it took almost a full day and I can't risk that right now. This option would definitely work in most cases.

Not to mention, I need to automate some stuff for this switchover, so I'd like to understand what I'm dealing with.

Thanks,
Nick

On Wed, Sep 11, 2019, at 9:59 AM, Charles Goldsmith wrote:
> I don't have an answer to your question, but why not just export all phones and filter that column in excel?
>
> On Wed, Sep 11, 2019 at 9:57 AM Nick Barnett <nick@barnett.email> wrote:
>> __
>> We're changing our recording platform and have to move from BiB Phone Preferred to Gateway Preferred. I know we have many phones already (erroneously) set to gateway preferred. The way we are set up, this isn't causing an issue but will in the future. I need to find out how many phones we have set this way. I can't find a way to search on this setting, so I turned to SQL and AXL.
>>

>> When working with the AXL API, I can use a getPhone call and pull down the appropriate config. I can also use an updatePhone call to change the recording media source from "Phone Preferred" to "Gateway Preferred" and recordingFlag to and from "Automatic Call Recording Enabled" and "Selective Call Recording Enabled." When I look at the numplan, device and devicenumplanmap, I don't see where the recording media source or recordingFlag are stored.
>>

>> I've tried pulling down the rows of the previously mentioned tables via a SQL select, then changing the settings in CUCM and pulling the same tables down to see if anything changed. Nothing changes so I think it has to be storing somewhere else or I'm doing something wrong.
>>

>> Does anyone have either a SQL query I can look at that shows how this is stored, or a better understanding of how this parts works? Maybe there is a way to do this in CUCM that I'm unaware of?
>>
>> Thanks in advance,
>> Nick

Nick
Re: Where does CUCM/informix store the recordingMediaSource and recordingFlag for phones/lines? [ In reply to ]
That should be tkpreferredmediasource on the devicenumplanmap; which is where the line info is stored for a given device. You could update based on criteria after joining the device on fkdevice or the dnorpattern fron numplan (fknumplan.)

sql select * from typepreferredmediasource
enum name moniker
==== ================= ==============================
1 Gateway Preferred PREFERRED_MEDIA_SOURCE_GATEWAY
2 Phone Preferred PREFERRED_MEDIA_SOURCE_PHONE

sql select FIRST 1 pkid, fkdevice, tkpreferredmediasource from devicenumplanmap
pkid fkdevice tkpreferredmediasource
==================================== ==================================== ======================
00045024-647d-453d-a281-e3ccc5556fc7 4bb930c6-0cd3-cdbd-8080-39e624bf8028 1

________________________________
Valid question. We hit bug CSCvr11455 <https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__bst.cloudapps.cisco.com_bugsearch_bug_CSCvr11455_-3Frfs-3Diqvred&d=DwMFAg&c=RyOedRvjc7OSsfc0bTI76Q&r=7N3S3VwV170meOMF2t3MxSPtfF4yZYjo-cGnk0FWjNE&m=Tc1mvbrADjg7eEZZsrSTqiBiUna2bqF5EyNQb0MY3Xs&s=Pn3GCVMLbpN4HdI98Tj9dFeAuDLszykflweRcgxKzJY&e=> a week ago and it crippled our company for a few days because it broke A Cisco DB and affected Extension Mobility. We are in an "enhanced" change freeze window until Cisco can get us a patch. Just trying to keep this other project rolling while we're stuck on the support side. The last time I exported all phones it took almost a full day and I can't risk that right now. This option would definitely work in most cases.

[...]

The information contained in this message may be privileged, confidential and protected from disclosure. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify your representative immediately and delete this message from your computer. Thank you.
Re: Where does CUCM/informix store the recordingMediaSource and recordingFlag for phones/lines? [ In reply to ]
"... You could update based on criteria after joining..."

Keep in mind that you cannot use UPDATE with JOIN on CUCM, due to the level
of DB CUCM uses from Informix. Just a limitation we have to deal with, and
an unfortunate one. I'm not sure if that's exactly what you were saying or
getting at, but wanted to point that out nonetheless, because it may not be
well known.

Re: Where does CUCM/informix store the recordingMediaSource and recordingFlag for phones/lines? [ In reply to ]
I've never really tried an all in one statement like that but good to know you can't do that. Maybe someday. I just assumed you could...

Some of the change controls we have strongly suggest that we keep a log of devices being updated so that there's a way to rollback a DB update. I end up with a logfile of 100s of update statements which is easier to have someone else rollback (since I give them the opposite version.) I would try doing that with AXL instead. Get the devices to update and then update them in fixed batches.

________________________________

Re: Where does CUCM/informix store the recordingMediaSource and recordingFlag for phones/lines? [ In reply to ]
Perfect! Thank you!

If anyone is searching this in the future, here is the ugly query I came up with that works as an executeSQL AXL call. If you try to run it from the CLI you'll need to mess with the parentheses because the CLI doesn't like them. I also limited the rows to 10 so it doesn't blow up your server (I don't even know if that's possible on AXL, but worth the warning I suppose).

SELECT FIRST 10 device.name as Device, numplan.dnorpattern as PhoneNumber, routepartition.name as Partition, typepreferredmediasource.name as RecordingSource
FROM (((devicenumplanmap INNER JOIN device ON devicenumplanmap.fkdevice = device.pkid)
INNER JOIN numplan ON devicenumplanmap.fknumplan = numplan.pkid) INNER JOIN typepreferredmediasource ON devicenumplanmap.tkpreferredmediasource = typepreferredmediasource.enum)
INNER JOIN routepartition ON numplan.fkroutepartition = routepartition.pkid
WHERE typepreferredmediasource.name =’Gateway Preferred’
AND device.name like 'SEP%'

This worked for me, you may want to add different where clauses or change things around.

Nick