Mailing List Archive

uBR7200 Multiple WIdeband Interfaces
This was also posted on docsis.org. Excellent website for all things DOCSIS. Sorry if you see this on both.

Hey everyone, I'm just looking for a little input/discussion about something. While testing D3.0 I noticed you can have multiple Wideband interfaces, ex: Wi1/0:0 and Wi1/0:1. Does anyone have any input on what a real world solution for this would be? One of the only solutions I could come up with is using it for lets say IPv6.. Create a "bundle6" interface with all v6 information and force v6 modems to a specifically controlled Wideband interface.

Has anyone deployed multiple Wideband interfaces in production? What what your experience? How can you force modems to use one or the other? Can you think of any good use for more than one Wideband interface?

I appreciate any input!

Thanks!