508-527-0370 - mobile
972-767-3740 - fax

_LeeRNorman1@aol.com_ (http://mail/)
Re: uBR7246VXR - RJ45 [ In reply to ]
If it is stuck in "boot" mode, then the router is "halfway booted"

Here is what you need to do:

Verify the "boot helper image" matches with the main IOS image:

Show bootflash:
Show disk0: (or whatever disk you have the image on)

For example:

Show bootflash: shows a XD image
Show disk0: shows a "T" train image
They would be incompatible.

This document is pretty good at explaining the images.

The bootflash image needs to be the right version to support all of the interface modules (PA) installed in the chassis.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/routers/7200/install_and_upgrade/network_process_engine_install_config/npense.html

Hope this helps,

Bret