Has anyone seen this error message before? I cannot find any reference site
to it and the cisco error decoder page resolves no information either, if
anyone has seen or knows any info about it please let me know;

%IPC-SP-5-WATERMARK: 903 messages pending in xmt for the port
Card33:Request(2210000.4) seat 2210000

I am getting this error in my logs every 30 seconds

regards
chris

Re: [nsp] error message %IPC-SP-5-WATERMARK: [ In reply to ]
6509/msfc2/integrated?

If so, a) email a 'sho ipc queu' and 'sho ipc status'
and b) upgrade to 12.1(11b)E4.

-- Alex Rubenstein, AR97, K2AHR, alex@nac.net, latency, Al Reuben --
-- Net Access Corporation, 800-NET-ME-36, http://www.nac.net --
Re: [nsp] error message %IPC-SP-5-WATERMARK: [ In reply to ]
> 6509/msfc2/integrated?
>
> If so, a) email a 'sho ipc queu' and 'sho ipc status'
> and b) upgrade to 12.1(11b)E4.

Are you sure 12.1(11b)E4 is enough? We had this problem, and we are now
at 12.1(12c)E2. According to

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/lan/cat6000/12_1e/ol_2310.htm

"IPC-SP-5-WATERMARK messages indicating that many messages are pending
might be displayed continuously. There are no messages pending; this
is a cosmetic defect with the messages pending counter. This problem
is resolved in Release 12.1(12c)E1. (CSCdw74873)"

Re: [nsp] error message %IPC-SP-5-WATERMARK: [ In reply to ]
It's what were running, and it's fixed.

I'll assure you that it is more than 'cosmetic.' When the quque becomes
full, the MSFC locks -- doesn't reload.

Re: [nsp] error message %IPC-SP-5-WATERMARK: [ In reply to ]
> It's what were running, and it's fixed.
>
> I'll assure you that it is more than 'cosmetic.' When the quque becomes
> full, the MSFC locks -- doesn't reload.

Then we're probably talking about several different bugs.

Our 6509s didn't lock up, but the WATERMARK messages filled the logs
real quickly.