Mailing List Archive

[nsp] Unknows Packets on WAN Port
Hi,

We have Cisco 2501 Router installed and configured. Recently, I found there is unknown bandwidth occupying the Router's WAN port. Where as the Router's Ethernet Port has no utilization at all.

Does any one has got the Idea about this and how to control this.

Thanks,

Sree Rama Reddy.
Re: [nsp] Unknows Packets on WAN Port [ In reply to ]
>> We have Cisco 2501 Router installed and configured. Recently, I found =
>> there is unknown bandwidth occupying the Router's WAN port. Where as the =
>> Router's Ethernet Port has no utilization at all.=20

Is the input usage roughly equal to the output PPS?
If so, it is probably traffic looping around until the TTL
expires and the packet gets dropped.

That is, the far end believes x.y.z.w is at your side of the
WAN, and you believe the same net is at the far end.
Then, any traffic coming in destined for x.y.z.w will just
loop around and around.

A quick way to see what the traffic is is to
turn on "ip accounting" then "sh ip account" will
reveal the culprits.

-mark