Mailing List Archive

[nsp] MPLS and bridging
Hi all,
is it possible to use bridging with MPLS, or these two are just
not compatible? What I need is something like this on core
router (same customer on S1/0 and S1/2 with nonsubneted /24):

ip vrf foo
rd 10:10
route-target export 10:10
route-target import 10:10

interface Serial1/0
ip vrf forwarding foo
ip address 10.0.0.1 255.255.255.0
bridge-group 1
end

interface Serial1/2
ip vrf forwarding foo
ip address 10.0.0.5 255.255.255.0
bridge-group 1
end

bridge 1 protocol ieee

In vanilla bridging (without vrf) this will work if routing is disabled
(no ip routing). But in this case routing cannot be disabled and IRB
also wasn't cooperative with VRF.

Any ideas or hints?
Re: [nsp] MPLS and bridging [ In reply to ]
Turn on bridge irb, use a different BVI for each vrf, and you can do MPLS
VPN on bridged interfaces. When you say that wasn't cooperative, what
happened? We have this working with c3640-js-mz.121-13.bin.

On Wed, 11 Sep 2002 ivac+cisco-nsp@iskon.hr wrote:

> Hi all,
> is it possible to use bridging with MPLS, or these two are just
> not compatible? What I need is something like this on core
> router (same customer on S1/0 and S1/2 with nonsubneted /24):
>
> ip vrf foo
> rd 10:10
> route-target export 10:10
> route-target import 10:10
>
> interface Serial1/0
> ip vrf forwarding foo
> ip address 10.0.0.1 255.255.255.0
> bridge-group 1
> end
>
> interface Serial1/2
> ip vrf forwarding foo
> ip address 10.0.0.5 255.255.255.0
> bridge-group 1
> end
>
> bridge 1 protocol ieee
>
> In vanilla bridging (without vrf) this will work if routing is disabled
> (no ip routing). But in this case routing cannot be disabled and IRB
> also wasn't cooperative with VRF.
>
> Any ideas or hints?

Jon Lewis *jlewis@lewis.org*| I route
System Administrator | therefore you are
Atlantic Net |
Re: [nsp] MPLS and bridging [ In reply to ]
Hello,

pls look at:
http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios121/121newft/121t/121t2/dtatmrbe.htm

icnih> Hi all,
icnih> is it possible to use bridging with MPLS, or these two are just
icnih> not compatible? What I need is something like this on core
icnih> router (same customer on S1/0 and S1/2 with nonsubneted /24):

icnih> ip vrf foo
icnih> rd 10:10
icnih> route-target export 10:10
icnih> route-target import 10:10

icnih> interface Serial1/0
icnih> ip vrf forwarding foo
icnih> ip address 10.0.0.1 255.255.255.0
icnih> bridge-group 1
icnih> end

icnih> interface Serial1/2
icnih> ip vrf forwarding foo
icnih> ip address 10.0.0.5 255.255.255.0
icnih> bridge-group 1
icnih> end

icnih> bridge 1 protocol ieee

icnih> In vanilla bridging (without vrf) this will work if routing is disabled
icnih> (no ip routing). But in this case routing cannot be disabled and IRB
icnih> also wasn't cooperative with VRF.

icnih> Any ideas or hints?