this IOS version?

Thanks

http://finance.yahoo.com
[nsp] 12.0(21)S4 [ In reply to ]
Hello,

I just upgraded to above IOS of our 7200 npe300. Has
anyone have problems with outgoing counters on all
interfaces? Router PA-2T3+ and FE and mrtg suddenly
"lost" or cant get any data for outgoing traffic for
both interfaces? Any fixes on this? Should i avoid
this IOS version?

Thanks

http://finance.yahoo.com
Re: [nsp] 12.0(21)S4 [ In reply to ]
>> I just upgraded to above IOS of our 7200 npe300. Has anyone have
>> problems with outgoing counters on all interfaces? Router PA-2T3+ and
>> FE and mrtg suddenly "lost" or cant get any data for outgoing traffic
>> for both interfaces? Any fixes on this? Should i avoid this IOS
>> version?

I saw the same thing in 12.0(22)S.
I went back to 12.0(21)S,

-mark
Re: [nsp] 12.0(21)S4 [ In reply to ]
>> I saw the same thing in 12.0(22)S.
>> I went back to 12.0(21)S,

Upon further review, I believe I saw the mrtg/counter problem in
12.0(21)S4, and so rolled back to 12.0(21)S.

-mark
RE: [nsp] 12.0(21)S4 [ In reply to ]
CSCdx39018

RE: [nsp] 12.0(21)S4 [ In reply to ]
Has anyone experienced this on GSRs ?

SH

Re: [nsp] 12.0(21)S4 [ In reply to ]
Hi,

On Wed, Sep 04, 2002 at 09:44:00PM -0700, Benjie Ko wrote:
> I just upgraded to above IOS of our 7200 npe300. Has
> anyone have problems with outgoing counters on all
> interfaces? Router PA-2T3+ and FE and mrtg suddenly
> "lost" or cant get any data for outgoing traffic for
> both interfaces? Any fixes on this? Should i avoid
> this IOS version?

We went back to 12.0(21)S1 because of this. All output interface counters
in that box (FE, T3, POS-OC3) completely stopped working.

I have no bug id, but I'm still amazed that this image went through
quality control (especially given the fact that the interface counters
have always been broken - and if they change something at the way they
work, they'd better test them afterwards...)

gert

--
Gert Doering
Mobile communications ... right now writing from *Ripe43 / Rhodos / Greece*
Re: [nsp] 12.0(21)S4 [ In reply to ]
On Mon, Sep 09, 2002 at 07:27:27PM +0200, Gert Doering wrote:
> I have no bug id, but I'm still amazed that this image went through
> quality control

It didn't - you rejected it. :-)

Regards,
Daniel (always feeling like a beta tester)
Re: [nsp] 12.0(21)S4 [ In reply to ]
Hi,

No, that's a different bug. My counters are *not counting at all*,
neither up- nor downwards, and the bug is in 12.0(21)S4, which is
listed as "fixed-in" for the bug below.

gert

On Thu, Sep 05, 2002 at 08:03:31AM -0400, Casassa, Nathan wrote:

> CSCdx39018

Gert Doering
-- NetMaster
--
Total number of prefixes smaller than registry allocations: 46812 (46611)

SpaceNet AG Mail: netmaster@Space.Net
Joseph-Dollinger-Bogen 14 Tel : +49-89-32356-0
80807 Muenchen Fax : +49-89-32356-299
Re: [nsp] 12.0(21)S4 [ In reply to ]
Has a bug ID been generated for this issue yet?
Thanks

RE: [nsp] 12.0(21)S4 [ In reply to ]
I believe this is it:

CSCin15495 Bug Details

The output counters associated with an interface might remain zero even
though
we are passing traffic through the interface. There is no workaround for
this
probelm.