pointers to the info on how to put config files in flash or any
hits/kinks on doing this?

Roy
Re: [nsp] No room for config in nvram [ In reply to ]
> I ran out of room in the nvram for my config.

Did you use the 'service compress-config' option?

--
Bruce Robertson, President/CEO +1-775-348-7299
Great Basin Internet Services, Inc. fax: +1-775-348-9412
Re: [nsp] No room for config in nvram [ In reply to ]
Good luck putting the config in flash. Cisco hasn't seemed
to figured out a good way to do this. Your best bets are:

1) service compress-config
2) if it's a RSP2 or RSP4 get the RSP8, it has a somewhat reasonable
sized nvram. (2M).

I wish cisco would learn from their other platforms and decide on
a uniform nvram size (4-8M should be fine). Probally would reduce their
manufacturing costs also.

- Jared

Jared Mauch | pgp key available via finger from jared@puck.nether.net
clue++; | http://puck.nether.net/~jared/ My statements are only mine.
Re: [nsp] No room for config in nvram [ In reply to ]
Thanks to all.. Compression seemed to work fine

Building configuration...
Compressed configuration from 143550 bytes to 24461 bytes[OK]

I also found a page

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios120/12cgcr/fun_c/fcprt2/fcreboot.htm#xtocid114474

which includes the config command "boot config <file>" which seems to
permanently change the location of the config file. I didn't try this
Re: [nsp] No room for config in nvram [ In reply to ]
Try this global command? "service compress-config" .

Usage Guidelines
After you configure the service compress-config command, the router will
compress configuration files every time you save a configuration to the
startup configuration. For example, when you enter the copy
system:running-config nvram:startup-config command, the running
configuration will be compressed before storage in NVRAM.

Tim