Mailing List Archive

[nsp] Transparent transport between 2 ports in 1 catalyst 6500
Hello everybody.

I have the next problem and I hope you can help me.
I have a BAS connected to a CISCO 7500 router through a Fast Ethernet interface. Between them, there is a CISCO 6500 catalyst.

We want to integrate ADSL access to MPLS-VPNs. As the BAS doesn't support MPLS, we have decided to create 802.1Q VLANs between the BAS and CISCO router (one for each VPN client), and associate a VRF to each VLAN (client) in the CISCO router.

In order to minimize the number of equipments to configure when provisioning a client, we want to make the creation of VLANs in the BAS and router transparent to the catalyst.
That is, is it possible for a catalyst to transparently transport the traffic received in one port to another?

We were thinking about 802.1Q tunneling (Q-in-Q), but I think it is not possible to initiate and terminate the tunnel inside the same catalyst. Please, correct me if I am wrong.

Have you faced with a similar situation? Do you have any suggestions?

I would apreciate your help

Thanks in advance.

Juan Luis

Uni2 Telecomunicaciones, S.A.U.
Aviso legal:

Este mensaje electrónico está dirigido únicamente a la(s) dirección(es) indicadas anteriormente; el carácter confidencial, personal e intransferible del mismo está protegido legalmente. Cualquier revelación, uso o reenvío no autorizado, completo o en parte, está prohibido.

Si ha recibido este mensaje por equivocación, notifíquelo inmediatamente a la persona que lo ha enviado y borre el mensaje original junto con sus ficheros anexos sin leerlo ni grabarlo, total o parcialmente.

Gracias