From: Tony Tauber <ttauber@genuity.net>
Date: Saturday, August 24, 2002 7:37 pm
Subject: Re: [nsp] IOS upgrade

Go To http://www.iqara.net
Re: [nsp] IOS upgrade problem [ In reply to ]
On Sun, 25 Aug 2002, prashant desai wrote:

> what should i do if i have an IOS image on the tftp
> server , my present IOS image gets corrupted or gets lost
> from flash , i mean how can i load ios file from my tftp
> server without the ip connectivity to tftp server (is the
> ip connectivity gets effected if router boots in "romon>"
> or "bootmode>".
> how can i configure "ip address" & "gateway" in romon or
> bootmode ?

If you don't even have a boot image on the router, and you're stuck at
romon>, I think you're only options are:

1) copy image to flash in another router and move the flash into the
troubled router...easy on a 3600, 7200, or 7500 where you have PCMCIA
flash slots...not so easy on the ones that only use flash simms.

2) use xmodem to upload IOS via the console port. Search cisco.com for
instructions for increasing the port speed, or take your time at
9600bps.

Jon Lewis *jlewis@lewis.org*| I route
System Administrator | therefore you are
Atlantic Net |
RE: [nsp] IOS upgrade problem [ In reply to ]
Depends on platform, but typically:

Rommon > Set IP_ADDRESS=192.168.1.1
Rommon > Set IP_SUBNET_MASK=255.255.255.0
Rommon > Set DEFAULT_GATEWAY=192.168.1.254
Rommon > Set TFTP_SERVER=192.168.1.2
Rommon > Set TFTP_FILE=ios_image.bin
Rommon > tftpdnld